Chapter 6

*MACIE'S POV*

I got home at 2 o'clock. Alex had never messaged me back and I quickly finished my drink and left Starbucks. I had 3 hours until I had to call or be called from Alex. I walked into the kitchen and dropped off the groceries. Aunt Sue kissed my head to thank me. I nodded in response and continued upstairs. At Steven's door I stopped. I poked my head in to see him lying on his bed playing my classic pacman game on his DS.

"Hey kiddo," I said opening the door further.

"Oh hey Macie," he answered, his voice smaller than usual. He closed his DS and padded his bed. For an 8 year old he was pretty forgiving and tended not to hold grudges against me.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," I began. 

"It's okay Mace, I understand, when I'm your age I won't want to hang out with you anyway."

I laughed and wrapped my arm around him, pulling him close to me, "Hey let's hook up the wii and play some Mario Kart! What do ya say?"

He smiled, ear to ear and nodded before scurrying away to hook up the wires. 

About 2 hours later, we were still at it. Still yelling at each other, still fighting for first, and still arguing over which course to play next. I was Yoshi, as always and Steven was Bowser. He liked Bowser because Bowser was big and tall and Steven was not. I sure got a kick out of that. 

At the finish line of our fifth race on Yoshi Falls, I told Steven I had to make a phone call. He looked slightly disappointed but admitted to getting bored on race 3. I gave him a hug and left his room. 

"Hey Macie!" He yelled as I walked out. I turned and stuck my head back into his room.

"Yeah Stevie?"

"You're my favorite sister."

I huffed, "Steven, I'm your only sister."

"Yeah but you're still the best."

"Well you're the best brother."

"MAY-CIE! I just said that!"

I laughed, "I'll see ya later kiddo!"

"I love you Mace."

"I love you too Steven."

I closed his door and continued up the stairs to my room. I threw my dad's sweatshirt into my hamper and walked towards my desk. I opened my laptop and opened the skype app. 

Okay Alex, 20 minutes, please prove me wrong. I thought to myself.

I opened twitter and scrolled through my timeline. I retweeted some things and tweeted some of my own. As always I went to each boys' account. I responded to their most recent tweets knowing that I wouldn't get anything back, but still trying anyway. I even spammed Calum a little, but I knew that it wouldn't work. Somehow I managed to pass the twenty minutes away and before long I found myself eagerly awaiting the friend request on skype. I checked my phone at 5:05, a nervous feeling in my stomach. 

To Macie:

Hey I'm logging on now. Please don't hate me, but my camera is acting up and not showing up on the options. Voice call okay?

To Alex:

No yeah, that's totally fine... I'll talk to you soon then?

To Macie:

Yeah I'll talk to you soon :)

My heart sped up a bit, I hadn't realized how excited I was for this until it was actually happening. Soon a little red bubble popped up near my Skype application.