Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Hayden's POV

            "Aiden..." I grab a chair and scoot it by Krystina's bed beside Aiden; I grab Krystina's hand as gently as I could. I found her in such a terrible state, alone and so close to death. "What do you really think of Krystina?" I look up at his face. He looks taken back by the question, he shifts in his seat a bit and clears his throat.

            "Well she saved my sister's life so I'm thankful. Very thankful." I shook my head.

            "Dude, I saw how you were looking at her, it was sad yeah, but somewhere in there was a hint of something else. But you shook it off." He exhaled deeply and stood up.

            "I should go call Aubrey, she's probably worried sick." He walks out the door and his footsteps fade. I look up at Krystina's face, oddly it made me smile.

            "Don't worry girly, I'll do all I can to get him to feel the same. It's the least I could do to repay for saving Aubrey. She's like my little sister too." I feel a lump in my throat and I hold back tears, "I can't ever repay you, but I'll do everything I can to try." I kissed her hand, "Thank you."

Aiden's POV
             I just needed to get out of that interrogation from Hayden, she saved my sister's life, I'm thankful, and that's it. I ask the receptionist if I could call my mom and sister and tell them where we are.

            "Sure thing Cutie," she places the phone on top of the counter, "I'll go do something so you can have a bit of privacy."

            I nod and smile, "Thank you." I pick up the phone and dial the house phone. It rings 4 times and someone picks up.

            'Hello?' It's mom.

            'Hey mom, I just wanted you to know I'm ok. And right now Hayden and I are at Henderson's Hospital. We aren't hurt but the girl who found and saved Aubrey is really hurt.'

            'What? Oh my god. How bad is she? Can we go and speak to her?' A lump rises in my throat and tears escape my eyes, why am I crying so much tonight?!

            'Actually mom... She's in a coma and they said it would be a miracle if she lives through tonight.' There's a silence for a little while, 'mom.'

            'Aubrey and I will be right over. Wait for us.' I clear my throat and nod.

            'Alright. Get here fast.'

            'I'll see you boys soon. Bye.'

            With that she hung up, I sighed and hung up the phone. I wipe my tears and the receptionist comes back, "Thank you." I say quietly and sit in the waiting area. I lean back and look at the ceiling.

            'I was in front of the bench that Aubrey and Krystina were sitting on. No one said anything, Krystina just held Aubrey's hand. I looked at Krystina's face, she had scrapes all over her face, the arm on her lap was obviously broken, I flinched thinking how much it hurt. Yet she was just sitting there, comforting Aubrey. She had a piece of glass in the back of her hand; she brought her hand to her mouth and pulled out the glass with her teeth. I clenched my teeth and balled my fists, there's no way that doesn't hurt. She got it out and spit it into her hand, it was huge! That was in her hand?! I looked at her hand and it was starting to bleed badly.

            'Just then the dog walked up beside me and sat in front of the girls, both of them pet it but Krystina retreated when there was a pop from her shoulder. I flinched, I then saw Krystina look up, I followed her gaze and she was looking at me, not the me I was but there was another me. I was looking directly at him.

            ''The fuck is your problem! Are you rubbing your sick emo shit all over my sister?!' I scoot away from myself; I can't believe I said that. Krystina stands up and starts to walk away, she has trouble getting up, and I can see it now. She was about 10 steps away and I heard myself yell, 'BITCH I'M TALKING TO YOU! ANSWER ME YOU PITIFUL EMO FUCK! YOU MADE HER WANT TO KILL HERSELF DIDNT YOU?!' I looked over at Krystina and walked to her, she stopped dead I'm her tracks; I walked in front of her and saw tears pouring. She looked at the floor, her hand was bleeding a lot, and it looked like it was all escaping her body. I saw blood drop off her finger and hit the ground beside her, she didn't cut... I was stupid to assume, her tears started coming faster; she chucked lightly to herself and sniffled. Then she said the words that I still made my heart skip.

            'I saved her life you ass...''

            "Aiden." I woke up with a start; I look to see who woke me up, "Aubrey." I hugged her and she hugged back, when I let go she was crying.

            "Where is she?" I grabbed her hand and we walked to her room with our mom following behind. Once we got out of the elevator we saw Hayden walking out of the room, Aubrey let go of my hand and ran to the room. Hayden had his hand on her back between her shoulder blades leading her in. My mom and I walked in and Hayden was walking out.

            "Where you going?" I ask.

            He shrugs his shoulders, "Somewhere. I brought her here when she was dying, I did my job. I can't stand to see anyone in this condition let alone an innocent girl who saved your sister's life." Then he walked away.

            I walk inside the room to see my mom stroking Krystina's head and my sister crying into the bed holding her hand. The sight of that reminded me of my dad.

            My dad died of cancer two years ago; he was fighting for a while and was doing well until Ashton killed himself, after that dad just gave up. I don't blame him we all did. I remember on dad's last day he held onto my shoulder and told me some advice. 'Love can save many people, so love as many people as you can, that's what will save lives.' I told him that love is stupid and we both laughed and then he started coughing, I pushed the help button and nurses came flooding in, my mom pulled my sister and I out of the room. My dad died five minutes later.

            "Aiden are you ok sweetie?"

            I look at my mom and smile, "I'm fine mom." I walked over to the bed and held Krystina's other hand, this was the hand she used to hold Aubrey's, this was the hand that was bleeding after she pulled the glass out. A chill ran down my body thinking of it. I rubbed my fingers over the top of her hand where the glass was.

            I'm here now.