Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Aiden's POV
I didn't know she was psychic. Does that mean she can tell the future?! Is that how she knew where Aubrey was? I shook my head and opened up to the 3rd page. It was a poem.

'Little girl, terrified.

Little girl, petrified.

Little girl, unpurified.

Little girl, lost in my heart.

Little girl lost forever, the little girl I'll never get back.

Little girl, abused.

Little girl, accused.

Little girl, confused.

Little girl, beaten and bloody.

Only wishing she had daddy or Brody.'

Who the fuck is Brody?

'Little girl, lost.

Little girl, gone.

Little girl, nothing to lose.

Little girl, grabs the razor.

Little girl, cuts her wrists.

Little girl, starves herself.

Little girl, hates herself.

Little girl, lost.

This little girl, she's so alone.

She's so broken.

Why does no one look for this little girl?

Is it because this little girl is me?'

I sit in silence for a while. She was abused? By her mom? She mentioned she wishes she had her dad or Brody. I haven't met anyone in her family. What did she mean by unpurified? Is that even a real word? I turn the page and see a journal type entry. It was dated about 5 years ago.

'Um, diary, journal. I don't know what to fucking call this thing.... I'm calling you book! So deal with it.'

I laugh to myself, she's kinda funny.

'So book... I was given you for a freshman gift from mom and dad... And Brody...'

There were scribbles after that; endless scribbles up until the bottom two lines.

'I made a promise to Brody. And I'm fucking keeping it. Even if it kills me.'

This is actually scary. I don't know what scared me about it. I clear my throat and turn the page. Another journal entry, it was dated a week after the one on the previous page.

'Hey book, so... Mom is fine. She's just sitting around. Oh no! Wait! She's in the hospital! We already lost Brody! And this piece of shit named God makes my mom get mugged! She lost the baby!! My little brother of sister! She was only 12 weeks!!'

Her mom was mugged and miscarried? I can understand why Krystina is angry at the world.

'Fuck god. He took Brody from me. He took my baby brother or sister from me! Why the fuck am I the one to suffer like this!?'

There was blood stained on this page and now I understand why.

'Here god! Is this what you want? My blood? Take it, take it all. I don't need it! You should have taken me! Brody is in 7th grade! He has more potential then I ever could! I'm fucking done with you god.... Done...'

On the bottom I saw her name signed in blood. That was really disturbing but the most disturbing part was the smiley face she drew beside her name, also in her blood. Who is this Brody kid? I close the book for now and walk to my car, I need to talk to Aubrey, and odds are she knows.

~~~

I walk into the hospital and head up the elevator to the ICU. I go down the hall and see Aubrey sitting in Hayden's lap while they both hold Krystina's hand.

"Hayden, what if she doesn't wake up?" Aubrey asks in a tiny voice. Hayden shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know, because she will wake up. She'll wake up to see you again Aubrey, I don't know when but she will." Hayden hugged her. I felt a pang of jealousy, when I'm here my sister doesn't even speak to me.

"Pinkies and Promises?" Aubrey asks and holds up her pinky finger. Hayden smiles and holds out his pinky finger, "Pinkies and Promises."

Krystina's heart monitor shows that her heart rate sped up. Aubrey started crying again, "Aubrey its ok. She hears us. She heard my promise. She knows. She never breaks a promise, and I don't either. She heard us; she'll come back to us." Aubrey smiled and wiped her tears away.

"Thank you Hayden. Can you drop me off at school again?" He took her out of school?! God damn it Hayden.

"Sure thing Aub. I'll write a note saying you were excused for these two classes ok? If you ever need me just give me a call and I'll come right over and get you. I'm always here for you. And so is Krystina." Aubrey smiled and hugged Krystina lightly, the heart monitor skipped and Aubrey laughed.

"I love you too Krystina." Aubrey moved over and Hayden walked over and gave Krystina a kiss on the forehead.

Again the heart monitor skipped, "We won't leave your side Krystina." Before they see me I walk over behind the ICU reception desk. I hear then talking as they walk to the elevator. Once I don't hear them anymore I walk into the room.

I sit beside the bed and hold Krystina's hand. I sigh and look around to be sure no one is coming.

"Hey Krystina, it's Aiden." The heart monitor picks up. I get scared and let go of her hand. Her heart monitor goes even faster, I don't know what to do. Someone help me!