Chapter 25

Chapter 25

<£££> Month 3:Week 3:Day 5<£££>
Aiden's POV

I walk into the hospital and go up to the 3rd floor. I walk over to the receptionist desk and lean in, "Hey Zoe." I grab the gummy worm bag out of my jacket pocket and hand them to her, "How's Krystina? Any updates?" She takes the gummy worms and opens it.

"Thanks, so far nothing. Everything is perfectly fine but the only concern now is that she won't wake up. She only has about a week left Aiden." I sigh and shove both hands in my pockets.

"I know. It sucks. I really don't understand why she hasn't woken up. It's worrying me." Zoe sighs and looks back at her computer.

"Well on the bright side they are giving her an extra day. So hopefully she'll wake up the day she was originally supposed to be, ya know." I look at her and noticed her biting her lip and blinking back tears.

"What's wrong Zoe?" She looks over at me.

"Nothing's wrong, shouldn't you be with Krystina now?" She stands up from her chair and walks over to the copier.

"Yeah but I feel bad because I hardly ever talk to you. And I thank you for all you do for Krystina, but I feel like we're friends. I just want a normal conversation for once right now." She walks out from behind the desk and walks to room 305.

"Aiden I don't think being friends with a receptionist who is taking care of your girlfriend is ok. I think you should go back to school and make friends there." She sorts through the papers in her hands and places two inside the patient's folder, who is currently occupying 305.

"Zoe what's wrong? Seriously." She walks past me without saying a word. I follow her until she stops. Room 316. "Zoe?" She ignores me and puts some papers into the patients folder. She starts to walk away from me again when I grab her wrist. "Zoe!"

She pulls her wrist away forcefully and pushes me against the wall. "I mean it Aiden. Whatever friendship we have I'm not ok with. End of story." She steps back and then holds her head with both hands dropping all the papers on the floor.

"Zoe?" She groans in pain and knelt down beside the papers. I knelt down to help her but she pushed me away.

"Aiden please, just go." Her voice sounded strained. She grabbed the rest of the papers quickly and we both stood up. She held out her hand for me to give her the paper I was still holding. I hold it closer to me.

"Zoe what the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled and threw the papers at me. Before I realized what was going on I felt Zoe push me against the wall and her lips pressed against mine. After a few seconds she pulled away, I stood there still confused as to what the fuck just happened. She sighed and walked away. I knelt down and picked up the papers, after gathering them all I put them in a neat stack on top of the receptionist desk.

I walked into Krystina's room and sit beside her. I grab her hand and kiss the top of it. What the fuck happened with Zoe?

Aubrey's POV
"Go fish." Hayden groans and throws his cards on the floor.

"Fuck this game I give up." I laugh at him and set my cards down.

"What's wrong? Mad that a girl beat you?" He smiles and shakes his head.

"Not really, I'm more upset that my girlfriend beat me at a game I used to kick everyone's ass at." I laugh at him and sit up.

"Did the doctors tell you guys when I could leave? It's getting boring just sitting here." Hayden shrugged his shoulders.