12!Let's Prepare For Dinner.

Ivanna's POV
    I walked in muttering curses under my breath, I saw mum talking to her favourite fashion designer, Starling Hikes (not her real name though)...She's Mrs Elaine Hikes.

   "Sweetie, you're here....come on over" Mrs Elaine said and I raised my brow before going to take a seat beside mum.

    "Hey Darling... What's up?" Mum said and I gave her a small smile.

    "Afternoon Mrs Elaine?" I said and she smiled lovingly at me. I don't know why she likes me so much, I don't even remember she exists. (Hey, you don't just like everyone you meet... Durh!).

   "Afternoon Sweetie..now check the catalogues and select the type of gown you want" she said and handed me some books..

   "What's the occasion?" I asked directing the question at mum.

   "It's Business World Week....we're attending the dinner tomorrow night" She replied and I rolled my eyes.

   "Why am I just hearing about it now?...what if I have plans?" I said and mum just shrugged.

   "You'll reschedule of course" She said and I shook my head. I opened the catalogues without enthusiasm...I was still going through it trying to look for a style when my phone beeped.

Char: BFF,I need your help.

Me: Hey. Spill

Char; Can you come over?.... That's if you don't mind.

Me;Call me... If you don't call and make it sound like an emergency I won't be able to get out of here.

Char;lol...Badass kid....Await my "emergency" call.

Me:😊😊😊....Okaies.

    Just a minute later, my phone vibrated and I picked it up and deliberately put it on speaker.

   "Ivy!!...Ivy are you there?... I need you now..please....please come over....please Ivy,I'm dying" Char said in a weak voice and mum's eyes widened.

   "I'm on my way" I said and cut the call...it took a lot of self control not to laugh at the look on the two older women's faces.

    "You should go quickly... And let me call an ambulance" mum said and my eyes widened... Jeez!

   "No no no....I'll do it ..don't bother...it might just be a lil thing" I lied but mum looked unconvinced.

   "She said she's dying sweetheart.... Let's call the ambulance" mum said and pulled out her phone.