Chapter 12

I quickly hop off the bed, my jaw dropping open.

"No fucking way," I mumble, my eyes trained on the beast in front of me. He slowly pads towards me, and I jump backwards, fearful.

"No, no, no," I mutter, rubbing my eyes. "Impossible."

"Natalia," Kasandra's voice is soft and hesitant. I feel her stand up next me and place her hand on my shoulder.

I push away all my fear and step towards the wolf, his eyes beady as he lefts out a wolfish grin. I carefully reach my hand out and comb it through the thick mane of fur on his head. His fur is soft and feels like silk running through my fingers. He lets out a low purr of satisfaction as I run my hand along the length of his back.

"Kaden," I whisper, his eyes perking up. "Is that really you?" The wolf lets out a small howl, nodding its head under my hand.

I pull my suddenly shaky hand out of his fur, and step back. He understood.

"H-how?" I stutter, eyes widening as the wolf lets out a small whine.

I press my hands to my temple and sit back down on the bed. Closing my eyes, I take a few deep breaths. This can't be real. I'm dreaming. When I wake up, I'll be home with Will and I'll have never have even met Kaden.

My eyes pop back open as a a sloppy wet tongue comes in contact with my ankle. I jump in my spot, and scoot back on the bed.

"Don't," I warn lifting my hand up in caution. He growls, his eyes defiant as he nudges his head in my direction, clearly wanting me to pet him again.

With a shaky breath, I lean towards him and bring my sweaty palm under his ear. I scratch the delicate fur that lays there and he lets out a gentle howl.

"Turn back," I whisper. "Please." My eyes are desperate to see his human form again, hoping that maybe somehow I just imagined this dark haired beast that sits in front of me.

His eyes penetrate mine, the dark intense gaze that is an exact match to Kaden's, sending a shiver down my spine.

He slowly moves away from me and back into the center of the room.

The same process that occurred what feels like years ago happens again, but this time in a reverse manner.

I notice Noah gets up, but I'm not focused on him. Back in front of me is Kaden, his dark eyes still intently focused on mine. Noah quickly tosses him a new pair of pants, which Jesus Christ, I didn't even realize he was naked. I don't have much time to appreciate his perfectly sculpted body, because with lightening quick speed, the pants are slung across his waist and he throws his shirt on. Then in an instant he's back at my side.

"Natalia," he breathes, reaching out to me.

I grasp his hand and turn it over in my hands, examining the rough skin. A second ago it was a dark-furred paw, with razor sharp nails extending from it.

"I don't...I don't..." I fumble with my words, rendered speechless by what I just saw.

"It's okay," he murmurs pulling me into his chest. He runs his fingers through my hair and lets out a long sigh, as if a huge weight has been lifted off of his shoulders.

But a new one has been placed on mine.

I pull away from him and cross my arms across my chest. One thing still didn't make sense.