Starfield Glade

Kazuto found Varina outside, ready and waiting. Kazuto noticed that they had a motorcycle there, for his convenience.

"What were you both talking about, that would take so long? I have been waiting for hours." Vari whined.

Kazuto smiled at her sweetly. "Don't worry about it, cause I am here now."

Vari couldn't help but notice that Kazuto was being very kind. Most of the time, she recalled him being annoyed or too focussed. Maybe things really were changing. He did kiss her only days ago. He might be falling for her. She could only hope. 'But what if...?... Oh nevermind...' She felt her heart melt at his warm smile.

Kazuto handed her a helmet. "Get on!" He climbed onto the motorbike and offered his hand to her.

She graciously accepted and got on behind him, wrapping her arms around him, to steady herself. But her heart fluttered at being so close to him. Would these butterflies fade or turn into something more? They already kissed twice. This time, he wasn't even upset about it.

__________________________

They drove away at great speed, towards the center of Tokyo. When they arrived, they dismounted the bike and headed into the park.

"What are we doing here?" Vari stared at Kazuto suspiciously.

"With the game not being in full operation, I thought this would be the safest place to start out. Who knows what could happen, if we aren't careful." Kazuto pressed a button on his Augma, she did as well.

They saw the world around them shift into a completely different dimension. The new world gave off a futuristic vibe. But yet somehow being quaint too. They noticed shiny, slender framed, cars flying around. But yet they saw a golden castle in the distance.

Kirito examined their health bars and handles.

Vari was spreading her arms in the air, spinning around. "This is AMAZ-" She saw bright lights whipping past them.

"Princess Divinity?" Kirito blurted out loud, getting her attention.

"Who's that?"

Kirito pointed at her.

She studied her handle too. "Ha! I am a princess, look at that." She started to giggle. "And guess who is my attendant?" It was Kirito.

Kirito seemed to have already figured that out. "That's fine by me."

Vari studied his face, just to be sure. She wanted to know if he was playing around with her or if he actually did like her.

She decided to change the subject. "This game is set in the future. But father told me, we would still be playing with swords." She checked her inventory and saw her weapon. "Cool. Some kind of lightsaber." She equipped it and swung it around, with precision. She watched the light, dancing around her, as it trailed behind her swift strides, until it clashed with another sword. Her eyes met Kirito's.

"You don't need to fake the enthusiasm." Kirito knew she wasn't the gamer type.

"Kaz-irito..." She remembered that they were in game. "That's weird."

"What do you mean?"

"In UW, you look so much younger. But your avatar has been adapted to your correct age now. I guess we don't have our stuff from UW, then..."

"You do realize, we are still awake? This isn't an avatar. I am actually here." He teased. He scrolled through his inventory to confirm his suspicions. "As for our items... It makes sense. We aren't using the AmuSphere anymore. That is where all our saved data is stored."