Forest of Blood - Harestar

This Friday is Friday the 13th, so behold some spookiness!
(Writing this on Wednesday/Thursday, posting at EXACTLY 3:00 AM Friday)
I used a character design/name generator to make up some warriors characters, and here are the references as well as a link to the descriptions given. You should definitely check it out; it will explain about personalities and give you a visual.
*GARLICPAW IS NON-BINARY, FOR THOSE WHO IGNORE THAT AND DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS*

http://awkwardnerdcat.deviantart.com/journal/feel-free-to-ignore-this-c-656864415
http://awkwardnerdcat.deviantart.com/art/Catssss-656872439

Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
- Hiiccup

.:----:.

Harestar padded along the outskirts of MarshClan territory, not saying much as the midnight patrol followed. His tortoiseshell fur twitched occasionally, eyes alert and ears erect, clearly awaiting something, and prepared for whatever it was.

Four cats followed behind him; Stonewhisker, Littletail, Spottedpaw and Garlicpaw. The strong but familiar scent of pine greeted their noses, but they could pick out any clan-mate if they so wished.

"Garlicpaw, I bet that tomorrow, when we're out hunting, I can catch a bigger toad than you!" Spottedpaw puffed out his black chest fur, his white paws quiet on the grass beneath. Harestar twitched an ear.

How does Littletail put up with him?

"Sure, I guess." Garlicpaw shrugged their shoulders, golden-brown coat darkened by shadows. The two older cats sniffed as Harestar smiled.

Stonewhisker is lucky to have an apprentice like Garlicpaw. They're very patient.

Littletail's ears flicked as she rolled her eyes slightly. "You two are going to make competitive warriors someday."

"Hm, sure about that?" Stonewhisker chuckled softly. "Garlicpaw is fairly laid back if I do say so myself." He turned to see the three cats, his yellow eyes soft. His apprentice averted their gaze, and Harestar glanced over his shoulder.

Shaking his head, he let out a soft but authorized meow. "Spottedpaw, you can discuss toad hunting when you're awake in the morning. For now, we need to focus on the patrol." Turning back to look at the path ahead, the tortoiseshell and white leader swished his tail.

Spottedpaw grumbled something under his breath, trotting along a little quicker. Littletail kept herself at his side, and Garlicpaw soon caught up to their own mentor. The group returned to silence, all focusing a lot better.

I wish patrols were more fun. Like they used to be. Harestar held back a sigh as he stepped briskly over a small rock, the grass brushing his legs. Ever since BayClan started snatching prey from our territory, we've had to be more alert. I swear to StarClan, if I see any of Rowanstar's cats on MarshClan territory I'll rip them to shreds...

He started daydreaming about future gatherings; what to say and do towards the leader that might change her mind about ignoring the plight. He had never agreed on her being leader; she certainly wasn't a good choice.

Onestar was a perfect leader. Why did he make such a bad decision?

As Harestar continued thinking, his mind wandered into a secret place not many cats knew about. Well, okay, they did, but none understood it. He began to twist thoughts into something probably no other cat could, smiling slightly to himself. The tom didn't awaken from his distracting thoughts until a tail brushed his chest, making him stop walking.