Caught - Aiden X Zoe

These two aren't necessarily a ship. They're more like rebellious besties. I mean I would ship them, but they're cuter as friends :)

Aiden belongs to my girlfriend, so all ownership goes to her. Zoe is mine. Do not steal either of these characters or we will haunt you.

Enjoy~
.:----:.

Zoe turned around and faced the boy behind her. He sent her a blank stare back, then took a few steps forward so their shoulders almost touched.

She stared up at him, wishing she could actually see both eyes. She could only see one, thanks to his eye patch.

"Where are we going?" She asked, tilting her head mischievously. Zoe turned and so they faced the same direction.

The forest surrounded them, leaving shadows tracing thin, jagged lines along their backs.

Aiden's brows furrowed. "When we left, did I not hear you utter the words follow me?"

Zoe laughed. "Yeah, I did say that. Then I decided I'd wander." Aiden laughed a little, watching her as she wandered forward.

"So then, we aren't going anywhere?" He asked. She shrugged.

"Dunno. I don't know any specific places," her eyes flickered around and she lifted her nose to the air.

"I still find it weird that you do that." Aiden remarked. Zoe laughed, her eyes lighting up.

"What? Use my nose to smell?" She smirked, using one hand to push him backwards. He smirked back.

"As a human, it's weird." Aiden stepped forward again, still smirking at her.

"You don't smell things?"

"Not like that I don't!" Zoe burst out laughing and grabbed his shoulders, leaning her head against his chest. He smirked down at her and she shook her head.

"You suck." She turned away from him and started walking forwards, lifting her nose into the air again.

"Yeah, and you swallow." he retorted. Zoe snorted in amusement.

"How original of you." She smirked.

The duo continued walking for a few minutes, keeping the same pace and remaining side by side.

Suddenly, Zoe froze. Her body went stiff. Aiden stopped and turned to see her.

"What is it?" He asked. She remained still, staring ahead with wide eyes. Just as Aiden opened his mouth to ask if she was okay, Zoe cut in.

"Aiden, we have to go. We need to go back," she was talking fast, almost too quickly for him to understand what she was saying. "We have to get back, now. I--"

A loud rustling noise started in the bushes around them, and Zoe turned towards a figure that jumped out. She glanced sideways at Aiden, who stared back at her before they both looked at the person who stood in front of them.

He was Zoe's height and had the same chocolate brown eyes. He was muscular, and his face said it all. He was enraged.

"Zoe." He growled low. Aiden stared at her.