5.

Chapter 5.

My father had given me the day off and quite frankly, I needed it. I had been working long hours this week as a group of bikers had wanted various tattoos which couldn't all be done in one day.

Also, I hadn't seen Nick for days.

A part of me was missing him, the other part was quite happy I hadn't seen him. He messed me up, in more ways than one. I was having a breather, but I wasn't sure I was enjoying it.

Danni had phoned me up during the week and we had planned a day out. I didn't know what she had in mind but I was excited to hang out with her.

Once I was dressed, I made my way to the front door and left, locking it behind me. Glenn had gone to work early this morning so I had the house to myself.

I jumped into a cab I had called earlier in advance and made my way to the cafe Danni had planned to meet me at.

It didn't take long before the taxi was pulling up towards the curb. I passed him a note before leaving the car and making my way in to the cafe. It smelt of freshly baked cakes and freshly brewed coffee. Yum.

I made my way up to the counter and ordered before Danni arrived. I then grabbed my stuff as soon as it was done and went to sit down in a small booth.

It didn't take long before Danni was bounding her way up to me, a small bobble hat laying cutely above her head.

"Hey, cutie." She smiles before sitting down opposite me and grabbing on to the drink I had bought her in advance.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked in greeting. I took a sip of my coffee and sighed. It was nice to get out and to have company with somebody other than the biker crew and my father. It was nice to be occupied from all thoughts of Nick.

"You know what? I'm doing okay. My stupid neighbours are pissing me off lately though." She rolled her eyes. I laughed at her bubbly personality.

I had always wanted a personality like Danni's. She was always so happy and bubbly, I was envious. Sometimes, it felt like half of me was missing and lost. I wasn't the girl I used to be.

"It's okay, I'm still living with my dad." I stated. I loved my dad but I was definitely old enough to have my own house, that was for sure.

"My little two bedroom flat is always open to you, darling, you know that." I nod my head in reply. I didn't know if I was ready to leave my father just yet. I had missed him so much.

"Thanks, Dan."

She waved me off with a smile.

"Okay, anyway, first of all I want to know where you went the other night when we went out clubbing. You're a secret dirty stop out aren't you?" Her eyes twinkled with curiosity and amusement as she looked to me. "You know I won't judge."

"I wouldn't say dirty stop out." I replied sheepishly. "We didn't do anything, I was going to but I stopped short."

"Why?"

"I was scared." I was being honest here. I saw Nick as any other man on this Earth, yet, he didn't feel like just another man.