Chapter Seventeen

Once we had reached home I wandered upstairs and placed Emma in her bed.

The room was a little untidy after the break in but it wasn't at the top of my worries list.

I was considering getting locks for Emma's door, I was terrified that Hawkmoth would return and try to harm her again.

"Marinette, come here, please." Adrien popped his head around the door and made hand signals for me to follow him.

I slowly followed him out and into our bedroom. Before I could close the door Adrien grabbed my face and passionately kissed me. I was taken aback but slowly I let him.

It had been a long time since we had shared moments like this. Balancing a new baby and dealing with all this change had really taken away our time together.

I caught a glimpse of the ring Adrien had given me and realized we hadn't celebrated our engagement at all. I softened under his touch and smiled to myself. Maybe, one day, once Hawkmoth was gone, we would be able to end a day like this more often.

We could finally play happy families and enjoy a long life together. But life is never going to be that simple, that's why I love it.

Adrien and I gradually took ourselves to bed and basked in each others embrace.

* * * * * * * *

Emma's wailing shook me from a light sleep. I tossed over and felt a wave of nausia rush over me.

"I'll go, beautiful." Adrien yawned.

Sunlight poured in through the window. I laid back on my back again and waited for the nauseous feeling to subside.

After a good five minutes of waiting it finally washed away and in its place was my loving husband-to-be and my baby daughter.

I sat up slowly this time and reached out for her, Adrien placed her in my arms and I remembered the moment at hospital when I first saw her warm eyes.

The memories clogg up my mind and I begin to see dark spots flicker across my vision. I wasn't sure if it was because I was remembering something or I really was loosing consciousness.

I felt the pain again. A sharp and painful pain. I doubled over and gasped as the darkness folded dramatically over me.

The engine of a car seemed to roar and I heard mumbles. I was trapped again. Emma was crying and I desperately wanted to help her.

"Marinette, I am Dr. Elliot, I am taking you to the scanning room. Your husband and daughter are just outside waiting for you."

I panicked, machine somewhere nearby beeped quicker than before.

"She is going into shock. We need to preform emergency scanning immeadiatly."

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Marinette."

I took a sharp intake of breath.

"Hmm?" I mumble.

"Mari! Your ok, I'm so received!"

"Adrien...?"

"That's me. Don't worry. Your ok now. Once your ready I have some news for you. And me. Well for all of us."

I opened my eyes. I studied the ward I was in. Why did I recognize it? I felt like the images on the walls rung a few bells.

"Tell me." I say, burning to know what it was.

"Take it easy, ok? Dr. Elliot said you were panicking earlier on."

I sighed.

"Well, Marinette, we're having another baby."

That's how I recognized the ward. The maternity ward. Wait, did he just say...

"Baby?"

Adrien nodded.

"In one night? Surely it's to early to tell?" I lower my voice so the nurse in the far corner can't hear.

"You have been pregnant for two weeks now." The nurse interrupted.

Another baby?