First Step

Charles' POV

I watch her muscles weaken, her eyelids finally drop, her face falling to my chest.

I pick her up, carrying her to the room.

I place her to the chair and carefully tie her limbs. Tying them in knots to secure her properly.

After a few knots, I stood up and brought out the black briefcase from the other room. I returned back to where Abby was tied and placed the briefcase on the wooden table.

I clicked it open and blinked my eyes to see the dozens of syringe and pills inside, all categorized into their names alphabetically.

The sudden pang of guilt washed over me. If my body could bare to watch this, my mind couldn't even be stable enough to follow his orders.

I shut the case as hard as I can, locking it and pushing it away slightly.

But I had no other choice, I had no other choice but to follow.

To follow his cruel demands and horrifying orders.

***

Dave's POV

I pressed the gas pedal deeper, increasing my speed as I drive through the road.

I kept my phone clutched to my hand, Dialing my father's number repeatedly since he wouldn't pick up his phone.

I swivel the car to the left, the tires screech underneath me. Beads of sweat rolled down on my forehead.

And then my father finally picked up his phone.

"Where the fuck are you?"I hissed through the phone,clenching my teeth in the process.

"Do you finally agree with my deal?" My father spoke,his voice through the other line.

"No."

" Then your girl still gets her consequence." The line went dead. I slammed my phone to my bag and increased my speed. Scanning my eyes to the familar building.

But I couldn't find it, And I had no idea where they are.

****

Charles' POV

Abby finally awoke, her blue eyes searching the dim lit room. I remained hidden in the shadows. Glancing back to my boss and to my brother who just arrived.

"Well, well, well. Sunshine is finally awake." Fredrick smirked at Abby, He took a few steps closer to her, stepping into the light, his face illuminated in it.

Abby looked up on him, her face straight and emotionless. Yet you could still see fear surging in her eyes.

"What do you want with me?" Abby said in a calm voice. He chuckled in amusement as he stared down at her.

"Call me Fredrick, and all I want for now is your cooperation" He said, causing Abby to furrow his eyebrows.

"You see, Dave hasn't agreed with me, Yet." He started circling around Abby, staring back at her like a weak and helpless prey.

"And you are going to be the one to get the consequences."

He smiled at her before heading onto the table and opening the briefcase.

"Charles" He called to me, I step inot the light only to find Abby meet my cold eyes.

I looked away from her and continued to Fredrick, he picked up a syringe inside and handed it to me.

I took the syringe and saw that it was already filled in with the drug.

I turned to Abby and slowly walked closer to her, my stomach turning and twisting in guilt.

"Charles will inject the drug inside you, which is MDMA. You'll experience mild hallucinogenic effects, empathic feelings, chills, sweating, teeth clenching,  and muscle cramping" He explained like it was nothing. Like he thought this was just a simple task.

I took of the cap from the needle, Fredrick came in closer to see, but far enough to stay away from the kicking limbs of Abby.

Her eyes welled up in tears as she kept on struggling at the ropes. Trying to tear her limbs away and escape from here.

Chase came in next to her and pinned her body still. He nodded at me to continue, Abby's sobs echoed through the room as she kept her stare at me and at the needle.

"Charles please don't do this. I'm begging you..." She pleaded at me, But my senses kicked in seeing Fredrick staring intently at us.

She lowered her head down, seeing that there was no hope to change my mind, the needle was now inches away from her skin.

"I'm sorry" I whispered before the needle dipped through her skin. She lets out a soft whimper of pain as I injected the drug inside her body.

I pulled the needle away and walked back to the briefcase, setting the needle aside and covering my face in my hands.

"See you later Sunshine" Fredrick grabbed her by the chin and forced her to stare back at him, her eyes wet, the drug seemed to take effect as I notice her shivering.

Chase followed him outside as I shut the door for them, leaving me and Abby alone inside the room.

I keep still as she lowers her head and stares down on her ankles.

"I know your there." She whispered, looking up to the shadows to meet my eyes.

"The drug hasn't affected me that much yet" Her lip quivered as she spoke, giving me another feeling of guilt.

I stepped into the light and lift my lips to a warm smile. She smiled back for a second before her face turned serious.

"Here take this" I took off my jacket and swung it over her shoulders, she nodded her head as an act of gratitude at me.

"Is the room shaking? Or is that just the drug?" Her eyes widened, looking back to the walls of the room.

"I'm scared, Charles" She whimpered as she crouched down, her eyes shut from the pain and hallucinations.

I scurry to her and release her from the ropes, She bites her lower lip to stop a scream from her lips, I carried her to the small bed and gently place her there.

I took out the sedative, Debating whether to give her one, It's either she'll go overdose and death would claim her, Or I let her scream in pain for the next hours, Or even days.

I had no other choice.

I pulled her to my chest, hugging her gently and did my best to comfort her to sleep.