Finding Lies

Abby's POV

His back was faced to me as I closed the door, panick swarmed my nerves and I was sure my hands were shaking.

He turned as soon as he heard me enter, his eyes twinkling in delight as he saw me infront of him.

He clasped his hands together, breathing in as a sign to start a conversation. "So, how've you been?"

I fiddled with my shaking fingers. "Just get straight to the point"

The disappointment on his face made my stomach twist in guilt, did he want a casual conversation with me right now?

He cleared his throat before finding my eyes. "Okay, I really just wanted to ask you question to make things clearer."

I focused on the ground as my hands started shaking furiously, my breath coming in rugged patterns. Why am I so scared? He only wanted answers, so why was I acting like this?

The warmth hugged my hands, and I blinked back to see his hands clasped around my shaking ones.

"Please, don't be nervous. This makes me even more worried of what your answers may be" His worried tone and choice of words made me more scared, but still I had to stay calm and  soon it seemed to be working.

He stepped back and lets go of my hands, oddly feeling cold as he gave me my personal space.

"Whatever your questions are, I'll try my best to answer them truthfully"

"Have a seat first"

I shook my head. "This won't take long, there's no need to sit down"

He nodded slowly, finally a signal that he would soon start asking.

His arms crossed over his chest as he spoke. "What do you mean back there where you said you worked here three years ago?"

"Yes, I worked here. But I soon resigned after a month and looked for another job" That was a lie, every word I said.

He squinted his eyes at me, menacingly. I cowered under his gaze and tried my best to hide the lie from resurfacing.

He stepped closer to me, closing the distance that was supposed to be kept professionally.

His lips a thin line as his dark eyes looked down on me. "You're lying"

"I am not" I quivered, stepping backwards. His hand found my wrist and kept me still in my position. " It sure sounds like your lying"

I tried to pull my hand away from his, but the grip was too tight. "Let go of me"

"Not until you tell me the truth" His threatening voice was enough to force me to tell him everything.

My jaw clenched and I spoke with so much anger. "Let me go or I'm going to slap you"

His eyes found mine, and I swore I saw the desperation clouding them. "I just want to know the truth, please just tell me the truth"

I blinked the tears away but they chose to escape and lanf on my cheeks. "Why? Why is it that you don't remember me? Of all people you don't remember us?"

He furrowed his brows, trying to find the right anwer. "What are you talking about? I don't remember having a relationship with you"

Furiously, I took my hand away from him and sobs continuously escaped from my trembling lips. "After all those years, I was so worried for you and then I realize that you don't even remember our relationship?"

"My father would have told me if I had a relationship with someone and he didn't tell me-"

I cut him off, the words leaving my mouth quickly. "Your father?"

His confused eyes found my broken ones. "Yes. He was the one who helped me remember and he never metioned your name or anything about you"

I wasn't expecting this, any of the things he said. The stress and restless nights I had years ago was now worthless.

And now here I am again, depressed over this for the past week and now I'm emotionally and physically exhuasted.

"Are you alright? Abby can you hear me?"

The room was spinning, my head was painful and my limbs felt weak.

My legs were shaking, the next thing I knew was Dave holding me by the waist to keep me from falling.

I pushed him away with weak hands. "Let me go, I can handle myself"

He shakes his head in disagreement. "I'm not sure if you can even stand. I don't know why I still haven't noticed this, but have you lost some sleep? It looks like you haven't slept in a week."

I groaned, seeing that he was stubborn. "That's none of your concern. Your only concern now is about your father"

"And why would I be worried about him?"

I chose the most bitter of words. "Because he's lying to you"

His jaw clenched and his hold on me tightened. He finally lets go and I almost lost my balance.

"My father would not lie to me, he would never do such a thing" Slowly, his temper started to rise. I could see it through his eyes, clearly he believes everything his father told him.

"I can't belive this" I scoffed, wiping my wet eyes. "You really believe him more than me? You belive all his lies?"

He stood his ground and glared at me. "How dare you say that my father lies"

"And how dare you come back here after three years when I've finally accepted that you were dead"

He gasped, his anger thick through his voice. "Don't you change the subject here."

I clenched my fists. "Your father doesn't like me, so he took the chance and manipulated you. Don't you see that?"

"Ah, so he doesn't like you. Maybe you were after my fortune for all I know. Girls like you make me sick"

He was too late to react and realize, I bit back my lip that drew blood as I slapped him across the face.

He was stunned, I was hurt. How dare he say that, I was never after his fortune, never have I ever thought about that. And now he says this, to the point he didn't think first before saying it infront of my face.

With shaking fingers, teary eyes and quivering lips, I answered back. "I came here to give you honest answers, not to be insulted without any proof that I deserved it"

His face showed guilt, but it was too late for that.

I turned and walked away, leaving with tears in my eyes and fighting back sobs from my lips.

Abandoning the feelings that I still had for him,

And walking away with my heart shattered.

The worst part was, he didn't chase after me.

*******

Hey guys!

Here's another update! Hope you enjoyed it :)

We're currently going to have exams that are really important to pass for our future courses, and I'm super nervous to take it :(

Wish me luck guys! And don't forget to Comment and Vote ;)

See you in the next update.

Lots of Love❤
-Author