t e n

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

There she was. Emilia Gilbert. Leaning against the doorway of the living room in all her glory. She stood there with a pair of grey sweatpants, one pant leg halfway up her calf and the other rested down to her ankles. Her messy bun fell at the top of her head as she held a bowl of lucky charms in her hands.

"I can't believe we're here making a stupid plan at nine pm when I should be upstairs binge watching my new Netflix addiction." Emilia scoffs with a mouthful of her cereal.

"We're on the edge of death, Emilia." Stefan replies, sighing.

"Says the vampire." Emilia mutters, shoving her mouth with a spoon full of her dinner that is supposed to be her breakfast. "What's the plan anyway? Plan a suicide mission and hang him from the ceiling like a jacked up depressed boys who deals with a lot of shit? 'Cuz if that's it, I'm a hundred percent in."

"Emilia," Elena warns, "We don't talk about suicide that way. People actually deal with that stuff."

"Okay," Her sister scoffs, "Third mother I didn't know I had." Elena gives her another warning and disbelief look, shaking her head.

"Anyways," Stefan speaks up, "let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait."

"Grab her as in rape her?" Everyone scoffed at Emilia's comment.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asks, crossing her arms as she raises an eyebrow at Stefan while Emilia sat on the table, her legs crossed as she continued eating.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic." Damon replies, leaning back against the wall.

"Okay, fine." Stefan huffs, "We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena continues and Stefan takes over, "We drove it through his heart."

"What if Klaus asks to have a final goodbye moment with his father?" Emilia asks, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Good point!" Damon agrees before he points a finger at Stefan, "You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him. Last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan says defensively, holding his hands up in innocence.