M.U.S.E Chapter 18

"Hi mummy," John said getting up to give me a kiss. As his lips pressed to mine he whispered, "Be careful, she doesn't remember us."

"I know," I whispered back and John wiped away my tears but more followed.

"Be strong," he whispered. "She is wet, she needs changing," he informed me.

I nodded and my mummy head clicked into action. "Run the bath," I told him.

He hurried off and I heard the taps run.

"Where are her clothes?" I asked as she was only in underpants.

"I couldn't risk her over heating in the bag," he replied.

The thought of her in the bag flipped my heart and stomach in unison.

"I'm sorry but it was the only option I had," he replied as he stood her up on the bed and took off her wet underwear. "Good girl," he said as he lifted her and took her into the bathroom. "Nice warm bath before bed. Just like Aimee likes," he said.

"Is that what she is answering too," I asked.

"No," he replied. "She is not answering to anything. She is awaiting a new programme."

I turned away from them as I burst into tears. I knew what that felt like. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and here was my beautiful, clever baby wiped clean for some sicko to write a story on. I was going to kill them all!

"Aimee likes daddy washing her hair," he said. He was programming her!

"Are you programming her?" I asked astonished.

"No, it is subliminal. She might remember things if we scratch the surface enough to create a leak," he said. "You scratched the surface of woody wood pecker and what happened?" he asked.

"I wish I hadn't," I replied.

"But she doesn't have that sort of memory," he replied.

"You don't know that, you don't know what kind of people she has been with. They could have been handing her off to paedophiles," I ranted.

"Shhh," he said and nodded at her.

"I am not going to have her forget who she is if I can help bring her back. I will deal with the rest when it comes to it. The doctor is on his way with the technician who treated you."

"Martyn?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied as he rubbed shampoo on Aimee's hair. She just stared. "That is nice isn't it. All nice and fluffy like you always have it," he said to her gently. "Mummy is going to snap of it and find you something to wear any minute now," he said in a sing song voice.

I did as instructed and found one of my T shirts. I didn't have any underwear for her so quickly ran into the kitchen and hand washed what she had wet. Threw them in the drier with a towel and ran back to the room.

She was sat on his knee, snuggled up in a towel as he was rubbed her hair dry gently.

I heard the door opening, Gordon's voice and the doctor walking down the hall.

"You don't have to stay for this," John offered as I was struck with fear.

"Hello," the doctor said entering the room. "You must be Aimee," he said going over immediately to John. "Hello I am a doctor and I am going to try to make you feel better," he said kneeling at her height.

Her eyelids dropped as she fought to stay awake.

"How much did you sedate her?" he asked.

"I didn't. She was already sedated," John replied.

"We just retrieved the package, eliminated the targets and left with her in the holdall," he replied.

"Did you put the oxygen on?" he asked.

"Yes and blanket to maintain the temperature just as we agreed," he said referring to the strange looking blanket in the bag.

"Martyn is nervous. Do not threaten to shoot him like you did with Cara please?" the doctor replied. "He will help but kids were not his speciality."

"He will do his best I'm sure," John said.

"How is she with being handled?" he doctor asked.

"I think she is too out of it to notice," John replied.

"Yeah she is under the influence of something. I need to do bloods and hair samples," the doctor advised.

Martyn entered the room, fidgeting and rubbing his sweaty palms on his trouser leg. He looked at me like a terrified rabbit. John laid Aimee on the bed for the doctor and came to stand with me. He placed his arms around me as I stared at Martyn.

"Everything is going to be ok," John whispered to me. I listened and looked out of the window trying to avoid all the madness in the room.

I don't know what happened next but John had me pinned down and Gordon was helping him drag me out of the room.

"I said no," John yelled at me. "Cara Cole stop!" he yelled.

"Hold her still, she is not control," the doctor replied. "I will give her a shot. Let me prepare it."

Where was Aimee and the baby? Who was watching them if everyone was here? Where was Martyn?

I heard myself screaming and felt the fight but could not control it. I heard myself yelling for him to get away from my babies.

"Calm down," John said as he dragged down the corridor into another room. Tying me to a piece of furniture and hurried off back down the hall.

I listened to him trying to reassure Martyn that I was secure and he could work without fear of attack. I wriggled and pulled against my restraints. Unable to stop myself as I finally got free somehow and ran back down the corridor to the kitchen. Rummaging around I found it... I ran around the back and up the stairs kicking the patio doors open. I fired three shots into Martyns chest in quick succession sending him flying across the room.

"NO!!!!" John yelled as he threw himself over Aimee and Gordon ran with the baby.

A bang to the back of the head ended it all and I fell. Not enough to knock me unconscious but it stopped me.

"You stupid fucking bitch," John yelled as I heard him running towards me.

"NO JOHN! She is not in control," someone yelled. It was Andre. He had hit me.

"Get her out of this house and away from my children, now!" he yelled. "I never want to see her again!"

I was hauled up and out of the room before being dumped in the back of a van and driven away.