M.U.S.E Chapter 34

"Anne!" John called. "ANNE! COME HERE!"

I felt him moving to straddle me. His hand holding my face still as he forced an eyelid open.

"Oh shit," he said. "ANNE! NOW! HURRY!" he yelled.

"Jeeze Louise I was coming," she said and then silence. "Move John. Keep the kids out. Fetch my bag."

I heard John leave and Anne shouting for me to wake up.

"Phone where's my phone.... Shit...get a signal you stupid thing.... come on answer the phone..." she mumbled. "DAD!.... Yes John's alive.... Shhh just listen... Yes they are fine everyone is fine but Cara is unconscious.... Wait let me talk... she has one dilated pupil... oh fuck she's not breathing properly.... I know you are not far so get here now.... JOHN!!!!! I NEED YOU!!!"

"John I need you to help her breath. Dad is on his way. You can kill me later," she said.

"How far out is he?" John asked.

"Couple of minutes. He wanted to make sure I was ok," she said.

"I have to take off the security or he won't get in," John said. "You will have to breath for her."

"You live in a fucking fortress!" she yelled. "AIMEE!" she called.

"No!" John said.

"She has to help, there is no one else. Go and do the security he will be here, he was only in the car down the road!" she said.

"Mummy?" I heard Aimee say.

"Baby come help mummy breath like the dummy we practiced on," Anne said. "Stay calm, granddad is coming to help. Breath for mummy."

I felt Aimee helped onto the bed. "Mummy," she said and started crying.

"Aimee, focus," Anne said. "Give her a quick breath to make her feel better."

I felt Aimee move my head and under instruction from Anne she helped me breath with mouth to mouth.

It was uncomfortable but I felt the benefit as my lungs stopped stinging.

"Again Aimee, keep going," Anne said. "Good Girl."

Anne moved around pulling me. Taking my pulse and rushed off for her bag which was in the other room. "Keep going Aimee," I heard as I began to fall into darkness.

"Mummy.... Mummy..." I heard Finn crying at the side of me. "Wake up mummy." His little hands tugging me. "Time to get up," he said. "Wakey wakey mummy."

"Come on dad where are you?" Anne said her voice thick emotion. "It's ok Finn, don't cry."

"Mummmy," he sobbed. "Up! Up!" he said tugging my hand. All the time Aimee helped me breath.

The sound of feet running, "Good girl Aimee. Go to nanny quickly and take Finlay with you please," I heard John's father say as he entered the room. "Move her onto the floor John. I want a more stable working area. Never resuscitate on a bed unless in hospital." The sound of Aimee running off crying Nanny was heart wrenching to hear. "Anne get a line in. I'll carrying on breathing for her and John tell me what happened," he said.

"I don't know what happened," John said as I felt his fathers lips surround mine and breath for me. The strength was slow and hard it made me feel dizzy. "John think," his father said before the next breath.

"Erm... she teased me over photos Anne showed her of us as kids. I threw her in the bath and turned the shower on. Not hard she didn't hit her head," John said.

"What next?" his father asked and I felt myself start to cough. "Good girl breath, breath," he said. "Anne, give her 10 more of that please. Lets see if she maintains this airway or we will have to stick a tube down to protect it. John what happened next?"