Chapter Three | Destiny Calls

---

"So.. you wanna call Goat mom?" "Goat mom?? Wow, Frisk. Great nickname." I snorted, ruffling her hair. "I'm serious. I miss her already." She puffed her cheeks, looking all cute. "Alright, let's call her." I found the Contacts—wow this phone is old. Older than Nokia, I think. I called the number. (Ring... Ring...)

"Hello? My child, I have not even left for a few seconds and you have called already! What would you like to talk about?" Toriel giggled. "Frisks wants to talk to you." I gave Frisk the phone.

"Hi Goat Mom!" Frisk exclaimed. I could here Toriel on the other line, but it's too far from my earshot and it's not loud enough. "Okay! Bye!" Frisk beamed.

"What did she say?" I got the phone and put it in my pocket. "She said that she's our mom now!!" "Really? Well, thats great, Frisk!" Mom? Mom and Dad.. oh.. well.. It's not the time to think about that.. "What do you wanna do now?" Frisk asked.

A grin widened on my face. "Prank calls?" Frisk's smile grew wider. "Prank calls." I took out the phone and dialed a random number and put it on speaker. "It's ringing!!" I get all excited. The line on the other end is answered. "Hello? Who's this?" A quiet, but smooth male voice answers from the other line. "Is your refridgerator running?" I covered my mouth with a hand to muffle the laughter. Frisk started giggling, I put a finger to my mouth and made a 'shh' sound. There is a sigh. "I've been friends with Sans more than enough to fall into that one. Goodbye." (Click...) We started laughing, but that name piqued my interest. "Another prank caller? Well, if we get the number right, we might be able to prank that 'Sans' guy!" Frisk schemed. Though... something felt a bit off about how she spoke. You don't mind it, though.

She took the phone and dialed another random number. It's ringing. "Hello, MTT Burger Emporium, Burgerpants at your service." Frisk giggled. My grin widened more, it was a restaurant. "Please hold the line for a call from JO MAMA!" I hummed the tune of the "You reposted in the wrong neighborhood" song into the phone, making it sound like waiting music. 'Burgerpants' just put the phone down.

We started laughing like hyenas. After a few more failed tries at finding this 'Sans's number but alot more prank calls.. an idea sprung into my mind. "My turn." I grabbed the phone and dialed another number. 000-0000... sounds like a number of someone very lazy. "Hello?" A deep, smooth, male voice answered from the other line. "Are you Sans?" "Depends. Who's talking?" He answers back. It's definitely Sans. "Well, let's just say a couple of master prank callers got a note from a friend that you prank call too." "Okay.. but I don't see why you'd tell me this information." "Oh, it's just CALLarious to do when you got spare time." Frisk giggles. "Tibia honest, that was terrible." He chuckled. Oh. He likes puns too? "Why a bone joke? You a skeleton or something?" "Maybe.. Maybe not." I can feel the smirk in his voice. "Well, the batteries are almost gonna die on me, so before I go: Why are skeletons so brave?" "I dunno. Why?" "Because nothing gets under their skin!" I laugh, Frisk face-palms and giggles. I end the call.

Frisk starts laughing. "What's so funny?" "You're BLUSHING!" She points at my face. I am?! But I just met the guy!! Why am I.. You know what? Forget it. "Very funny. You're lucky the phone's outta batteries—I would have told Mom that you used the phone for prank calls only." "Haha, I'm sorry, sis. It's just that you were blushing when he made that pun! You think we'll ever run into him?"

I pause for a moment. Yup, that feeling is coming from my soul and it's telling me we Will see him in the near future. My soul is telling me to believe it and have faith in it. "Yeah. I believe so."

"What makes you say that?" "I can just feel it, you know?" "Cool..." Frisk strokes her non-existent beard. "What now? We can't really call anymore.."

I stare at the next room. "Explore, I guess." "But Mom said to stay here." "We'll come back later." I assure her, and she nods afterwards.

We walk into the area, piles of red leaves everywhere. Like before, Frisk goes to a pile of leaves and whispers something. "What did you do?" "Nothing important." She said. I peeked into the room beside me, a bowl of candy stood on a pedastle. A frog-like monster approaches. "Hello, humans. A word of advice on battles, if you ACT a certain way or FIGHT them until a certain point, they may not want to fight you anymore. If this happens, please. Use some MERCY, Ribbit." It spoke, then went on its merry way.

I walk into the room. I took a piece and read the wrapper. 'Monster Candy Ingredients: Sugar, Magic, and Rocks'. Rocks? Well.. the candies are pretty small so I guess they were metaphorically speaking. "Frisk, candy." I stare at the bowl of sweets. She zips beside me, joining 'the staring in awe session'. I took some candy, and ate some. It tastes like sugar.. and I feel like I'm floating. Wait, I am floating. Then I hover back to the ground.

"The wrapper did say that the candy contained magic.." I ponder. I eat three more pieces, making me float longer. Frisk takes a mouthful and joins me in the air. It feels nice to rest my feet, its been a long few hours since I last sat down. Frisk is just doing endless frontflips through the air, having the time of her life. Then we safely float back to the ground.

"I'm gonna take some more, just in case I need to escape a situation." I take alot, then stuff it into my hoodie pocket. The bowl tips over and falls onto the floor, due to the massive weight difference on either side and spilling a few pieces. "I feel like the scum of the earth." "Look at what you've done!" Frisk clicks her tongue, wagging her index finger at me.

"Atleast I still have most of them.." I walk out, Frisk trailing behind me. I look back, noticing the sign. 'Take one'. Ohh... "Lets go.. There." Frisk points at another hallway. What is with this place and hallways?

--

Pretty sure I already said the trait's name atleast once in the chapter.