25. Clearly

Annie's POV

His lips move in sync with mine but then I feel something else...... HIS TONGUE!? I can't stop I don't want to stop. His arms wrap around me even tighter and I wrap my arms around his neck.

We both pull away at the same time and look into each other's eyes. I regain my body and push away from him in anger. I almost fall off the bed but he catches me and pulls me back up. He wraps his arms around me again and I can't move my arms. I'm so tired I can't even try to get away. He lays on his back and pulls me onto his chest. It's strong but soft and I put my arm around him. I start to fall asleep on his chest and he turns off the T.V.

His arm tightens around me and I feel him tense up. I open my eyes and look up at him. He is looking at something right behind me and I turn my head to see Craig with a gun. It's pointing right at my face and I jump back and accidentally hit my leg. I grunt in pain and Zack pushes me right behind him.

"Get out of here." Zack grits out.

"Not until she's dead." Craig doesn't take his eyes off me.

Zack gets to his feet and pushes him back. Craig throws a punch at Zack but he dodges it easily. He grabs his arm and twists it. Craig cuts Zack's arm and kicks him back. He aims the gun at me and fires it. I jump out of the way and it misses me and hits the edge of the bed and goes into the floor.

Zack gets up and punches Craig in the nose, then he kicks his leg and there's a cracking noise. Craig grunts in pain and looks up at Zack then at me.

"Get out." Zack says.

Craig gives him a glare and limps out of the room. Zack closes the door and locks it. I collapse onto the bed and let out a sigh of relief. Zack walks to the bed and jumps onto it. He lands softly and lays his head on my stomach. I sit up and he gets off me. He sits right next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. I rest my head on his shoulder and he pulls me closer.

We lay back down and I put my head and arm on his chest and close my eyes. He holds me close and I feel safe in his arms. We relax and fall asleep.

***

I shift around in the warm bed but I don't feel anyone. I open my eyes only to see the empty space in front of me. I sit up but don't see anyone. The bathroom door opens and I jump back.

"Relax it's only me." Zack smiles.

I smile as he walks up to me. He sits on the bed and looks into my eyes. I look back into his and he chuckles. I don't even know him but it feels like I've known him for a while.

"I'll go get you breakfast." He smiles and leaves the room.

I get up and walk to the bathroom. I look into the mirror and put my hair into a bun and wash off my face. I hear a gun cock and I grab a metal soap dispenser. I spin around and hit the gun out of a woman's hand. She grabs my arm and knees my gut. It's suddenly hard for me to breath and I fall to my knees.

"You killed my daughter." The woman shutters.

I feel a gun get pressed against the my head, I lift up my head and sit up straight. I wait for her to pull the trigger but I never make eye contact with her.

"Claire, please." Zack says.

He puts his hand on her shoulder and she shakes. He hugs her from behind and tears stream down her face. She lowers the gun but kicks my side. I grunt and fall on my arms. She leaves and Zack picks me up. He sets me down on the bathroom counter and looks sadly at me.