Chapter 10

Aiden's P.O.V

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I messed up, I messed up real bad. I was running after Julian but his wolf was fast and long gone, I was following his scent right now. I had to find him quick before he mas-

You just had to call it didn't you? - Maximus asks as we stop running, the scent was gone. Just as I feared, he masked his scent.

Not now Max - I growl pacing angrily, my mind running rampant trying to figure out where he could be.

You caused this! - He barks back.
Shutting him out, I start thinking of places Julian could be. He wouldn't go back to his pack, he knew I'd check there and he'd definitely not go to mine. It didn't take me long to realize I knew nothing about Julian, I've known the guy for my entire life and I knew every single thing that would piss him off but I knew nothing about him really.
Racing to his pack lands my heart hammers in my chest, the pull was more intense now since he was hurting. I could feel his pain which only doubled my own. It didn't act as a magnet to him, it was just a slightly painful way of telling me to go to him. When I finally get to his lands they don't hesitate to let me in as I run in the direction of his parents house.

"Robert!" I shout loudly after shifting and running up his steps. (A.N They aren't naked after shifting) The door swings open immediately revealing his mother who was a splitting image of him, the worry in my eyes quickly transfer to her own as she studies my face just like Julian does.

"What did you do?" She growls her eyes glowing slightly as she stepped forward.

"I don't have time for this. He's gone and he masked his scent, where would he go?" I ask ignoring her deadly glare. She looks hesitant to tell me anything as she examined me with hate filled eyes. "Look, I messed up. I need to find him and fix this, so where would he be?" After glaring at me for what felt like an eternity, she sighs.

"There's an old spot he used to go to with his brother. They thought it was their little hide out but mothers know all. It's just off the western query, when you see an unusually large boulder head right. Be careful not to wander into witch territory. Once you find the waterfall, you'll find him." She finishes, I turn to start running but she grabs my arm digging her nails so deep into my skin that it drew blood. "If you ever hurt my son, I will personally bury you six feet under. Okay?"

"Y-Yes Mam." I stutter as she lets me go. Not wasting another second I take off in the direction of my mate, the image of his tear stricken face kept replaying in my mind dousing me in guilt each time. I hated myself, he made a move for the first time, he took a chance and I shut him down. I was just nervous and I panicked, it's not like I've ever kissed a guy before and things were just going so fast. I ended up messing everything up, we were doing well, really well actually. Goddess I hate myself!

When I spot the boulder I was told about I turn right, my legs pushing me forward harder, I was beyond desperate to see Julian. Pushing myself harder than ever before I eventually hear the rushing of water, my eyes find a beautiful, sparkling waterfall that made me stop abruptly. Staring at it I catch my breath as I start trailing the area, she said it was close so I had to search carefully. My eyes find a small hill not too far off, I jog towards it as it's the only thing breaking through the dense forest. When my eyes land on a figure close to the top my feet take off before I could blink, as I get closer the long, blonde locks let me know it's Julian. I shift when I'm close enough, he head snaps back in my direction when he senses me. His face was red and his eyes puffy, his eyes were still teary and filled with obvious pain, agony that I caused.

"Julian." I say rushing forward, he scrambles to his feet stepping back quickly placing a hand up.

"Don't! Don't come any closer!" He shouts, his voice trembling as he wipes away new tears with his shirt sleeves.