thirty-three

kayden emma

-

"This place looks pretty nice

"This place looks pretty nice."

"I know."

Kayden being the gentleman he is helped pulled out Emma's chair before taking a seat of his own.

After deciding what they want to order, the waitress came over once again to take their orders.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The girl asks, a bit flirtatious to Kayden.

"Hi, I would like the grilled chicken and caesar salad with orange juice," Emma ordered.

"I would like the chicken fajitas, with garlic bread and Pepsi," Kayden said.

"Of course." The girl taking their orders purred.

"Excuse me, but we're on a date so if you don't mind, please leave and get our food ready." Emma snaps. An unknown emotion was bubbling inside of her. Was she jealous? She mentally shook her head. Why would she be jealous? She didn't even like Kayden.

Kayden just smirked at her. "You were soo jealous."

"I was not jealous. I just hate when people just interrupt."

"Sure."

Their food arrived moments later as they both dug in, making small talks. Just as soon as they walk out of the little restaurant they had lunch in, the media had already recognized Emma as a crowd was quickly forming outside the place.

"Run for it."

"I'M IN HEELS IDIOT!"

"Well, I don't wanna die young and especially don't want my grave to say 'Died because of a Tinder date with a celebrity and then got jumped by fans.'"

"This is why we should've taken the car."

"What would have made no difference whatsoever."

With that being said, both dash out of the door, pushing past the crowd before running. More like Kayden running and dragging Emma.

"WE ARE NEVER GOING ON A DATE AGAIN," Emma shouts in frustration.

"FINE, WE CAN SKIP THE DATING AND GET STRAIGHT TO MARRIAGE."

Emma rolled her eyes. After running for about 10 minutes, they duck into an alley, making sure no one saw them.

Kayden seemed fine while Emma, on the other hand, was wheezing. "I came here for a date, not a marathon." She saying coughing.

"How to stay fit 101. Come on, we're close to the beach."

"Can we sit for a while. I'm dying here."

"You're so dramatic. Come on, I'll carry you."

"No."

"Either walk or let me carry you."

"You're so- ugh!"

"I know, I'm too hot to be described in words, I thought we already established that. Now, let's go."

"Your self-confidence is really making me want to punch a wall."

"Go ahead. There's a wall right here."

"I hate you."

"I love you too." 

Emma let out a groan before she started to walk but the straps had left red marks on her foot and it hurts like shit.

"Let me carry you. I'm not going to eat you."

"Who knows if you're a cannibal or not."

"I find that rather offensive."

"Whatever, let's just go."

"To the beach?"

"To hell."

"Do you want me to carry you there?"

"Yes please." 

Kayden gave her a cheeky grin before carrying her bridal style out of the alley and towards the beach. 

"So when are you leaving for Australia?" Emma asks with her arms wrapped around Kayden's neck.

"Soon."

"What do you mean as in soon?" 

"As in this month."

"W-will we still be able to talk to each other?"

Kayden looks down at her. "Maybe... I got accepted into a really good school there."

"That's good... yeah."

"Wanna go to the boardwalk first?"

"Sure, let's go!"

"Are you good enough to walk?"

"I'll manage."

"Okay, let's go on the Ferris wheel."

* * *

It was 7 after they went on the Ferris wheel 6 times, shared 3 funnel cakes together, ran along the beach barefooted, and played beach volleyball. They both took an Uber back to the cafe as their car was there.

"I had a lot of fun today. You're a great Tinder date, Alec."

"Same with you, Tortilla. Are we still naming our daughter Evie?"

"Maybe," Emma answers, smiling. "You have a two-hour drive ahead of you, so I won't keep you here for long."

"Bye Tortilla."

"Bye Alec." 

Emma turned around, about to head for her car when Kayden grabbed ahold of her wrist and pulling her into an embrace.

She was shocked at first but wrapped her arms around his waist. 

"I see you know how to end a date, Alec."

"I've googled what to do on dates and such while waiting for you to arrive."

When the pulled apart, Emma gave him another big smile. 

"Final goodbye, Grey."

"Goodnight Harper."