Chapter 2 {REWRITTEN}

~Chapter 2 NEW Rewritten Version~

I opened my eyes and looked around my room. Sunlight was seeping through the open curtains that covered my windows. I looked over at my nightstand and looked at my alarm clock which read twelve fifty-five.

I bolted upright. I got out of bed and quickly went into my bathroom. After showering, I left the bathroom and went into my closet. I picked out a white oversized t-shirt and a pair of dark washed jeans.

When I finished dressing I left my room and headed down the stairs. As I came closer to reaching the bottom, I heard muffled voices coming from the living room. I could make out two of them being my parents but not the others.

When I finished descending the steps, I walked into the living room to find my parents engaged in a conversation with another couple.

"Darling, you're finally awake," my mother said with a wide smile on her face.

"Samantha, these are Devin's parents," my father explained with a gleeful tone. Wait, what?!? Gleeful, my father, never. I examined his face for what felt like forever. Was I imagining his smile? I looked at my mother and found the same expression on her face. What the hell was going on?

As I was about to ask what all the dilly dally was about, footsteps interrupted me. I looked behind and found Devin walking into the room. He came to stand next to me and smiled down at me. Wait, he was smiling too? Had I somehow woken up in an alternate universe because if I remember correctly, last night he didn't find my company too appealing, let alone smile warmly.

"Well aren't you just a beautiful thing!" A squeal interrupted my staring and I looked to the source of the voice. A tall, slim middle-aged women who didn't look a day over thirty, stood up and sashayed towards me. She pulled me into a bear hug when she stood right in front of me, making me bury my face into her golden ringlets. When she finally pulled away she looked at me with a huge smile on her gorgeous aging face.

"Thank you," I responded with my own smile, only mine was way smaller and forced than hers.

We soon all sat down. Devin positioned himself next to me and may I add a bit too close for my comfort.

"We are glad you're both here," my father said, directing his attention to me. My mother, who sat next to him, eagerly nodded her head as he spoke those words.

"We have some very exciting news for you both," Mrs. Maker continued. On with what my father was saying and all I could do was die of anticipation on what all the fuss was about.

"From now on you both will be living at Devin's house," Mr. Maker said dropping the bomb on me and yes it did cause a little explosion in me. I was at lost for words.

"Isn't that just great," my mother stated. Nope not at all actually.

"Why," was all I could manage to let out. There were a lot of whys going on in my head starting with the whole arranged marriage deal I was being thrown into.

"Because you guys are to be engaged soon. Meaning a wedding around the corner. It's best for you guys to get along with each other and get to know one another on a more personal level. Just to make things easier," my mother said answering only one of the whys going on in my mind.

"Pack up your things Samantha. Devin will accompany you so you can finish up faster," my father said as he stood up.

I stood up and sulked out of the room with Devin following behind me.