Chapter 8

The plane ride home felt longer than when we were going. Maybe because I was awake this time. Anyway, we were back in Devin's house and I need a nap like pronto. I didn't think I could make it to my room though.

I tried my best to get up the stairs when the door bell ring.

Gosh can't a girl get a nap around here.

When I opened the door I saw someone I thought I wouldn't see ever again.

"Melody?" I asked trying to keep my eyes open.

"Ugh it's you. Where's Devin?" She demanded and gave me a nasty glare.

"I don't know." I lied. I actually knew where Devin was. Before I got dropped off here by Mark, his chauffeur, he was dropped of at the Maker's company. He said he had important business to attended to, whatever that means.

"I don't believe you," she sneered. "Anyways why are you still here?"

"Why are you still here?" I seriously didn't have time for her annoying presence.

I was about to close the door in her face when another uninvited person pulled up in the drive way.

"Samantha I heard that the trip got," My mom was getting out of the car and talking but then she stopped when she saw Melody. "Who are you?"

Melody turned around and gave my mom a fake smile. "Hi I'm Melody Striker, Devin's girlfriend."

"Devin's, girlfriend? Samantha what is she talking about," my mom demanded and frowned at the word girlfriend.

I was put on the spot by my mom. Great I wasn't going to be able to get out of this one without her knowing everything. What was I supposed to tell her? That Melody thought I was just Devin's friend.

"I'll just wait for him inside." Melody pushed me aside which almost made me fall, and which also made my mom's red cheeks turn a darker shade of red from anger.

"Samantha who does that girl think she is," my mom nearly screamed and pushed me out of the way to get inside. What was today, push Samantha day? If it was, I hated today.

I followed my mom into the parlor and saw her glaring at Melody who was preparing herself a drink by the bar like she owned the place. My mom walked to the bar and took the bottle out of Melody's hand.

"Who do you think you are to just walk into my daughter's house and act like you own the place," my mom sneered while rising her voice. Oh lord, mama bear is starting to show herself. I should stop her while I can, but then I wouldn't be able to see that scared look on Melody's face anymore. Maybe I'll just wait a minute or two.

"This is Devin's house." Melody took the bottle back from my mom and poured herself a drink. She shouldn't have done that.

My mom got even more red then before, if that's even possible. She was about to burst until Devin decided to show up.

"What's going on in here. I could hear your bickering from all the way in foyer." He walked and then he was standing right next to me.

My mom turned and looked at Devin in disgust. If you ask me my mom was making a big deal out of nothing. Well that's my mom for you.

"Devin I would like to have a private conversation with you and Samantha." My mom eyed Melody giving her the get out of here look.

"Melody go wait in my room. I'll be there in a bit," Devin said to Melody. She did what he said and left the parlor.

My mom took a seat in the black leather couch and started to breath slowly.

"Devin I thought your parents talked to you about this." Devin also took a seat in the chair opposite of the couch.