Chapter twenty nine

Lucas Graham, you're not there.

Elijah

"YOU'RE FIRED! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE NOW!" I yelled at my employee. These last few weeks have been extremely stressful for me. My employees don't do the right thing about my new project. I already lost like three projects, and now I'm nearly losing this one.

When I lean my head back in my chair, my phone rings. Who the heck is calling me this time? I groan and then look at my phone. I picked it up.

"What do you want?" I don't have the mood to talk right now.

Woah, what with that tone? Bro, chill, I have news for you, and I bet you will like it." Joseph said.

"What?"

"Just wait at your office, and I'll come in ten minutes." With that, he hung up. I put my phone on the table and then read some paperwork in front of me. A few minutes later, my office door is opened by someone, and when I look who it is, It's Rebecca. I don't know how I should react. Should I be mad or not? I just put my anger aside and looked at her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I came here to help you with Alexa. This time I will explain about those pictures, and maybe she will forgive you." I sigh. This woman really doesn't give up to help me, and I feel guilty towards her when I call her a slut and a whore before.

"Woah, you seemed to relax when you saw Rebecca. I can't hear your voice when I'm out of the lift." Suddenly, Joseph comes in and closes the door. "Are you mocking me right now?" I said to him:

"No, I'm not, and I'm also the one who told her to come. So that you and Alexa can get together again." I look at Rebecca and then Joseph.

What do you mean?"

"Well, she's here because she will explain all of it to Alexa about those pictures that she sent to her and also about you and Rebecca. I just hope Alexa will forgive you and be with you again. That's the least that I can do." He said that, and I looked at Rebecca. "And would you mind explaining to me your 'deal' with her?" I don't forget about that deal that Rebecca and I made four months ago.

"I agree to it, and I know she already explained it to you," I said, and he looked so surprised when I said that. I agree to it because maybe Rebecca is the woman who meant the most to me if Alexa didn't forgive me. I just want to give her a chance too.

"Woah, life is full of surprises. Tomorrow, at 8 a.m. Don't forget because three of us will go to Los Angeles and meet Alexa." He said this and walked out of my office, with Rebecca following him behind.

******

I hope Alexa's heart will soften and open for me again. Right now, Three of us have already landed in Los Angeles, and I decided to go to my penthouse rather than stay at the hotel. "Where are you going?" Joseph asked me.

"To my penthouse, of course," I said. "Okay, then I'll go with you." He said that, and I stopped him.

"Her?" I pointed at Rebecca. Then Joseph walks to her and gives her money, maybe for her to pay for the room. He talked to her for a minute, and I saw her nod her head before she herself took a taxi.

"What are you talking to her about?" I asked, but he just patted my shoulder and went to my car. I just follow him and get into the car too. As soon as we arrived at my penthouse, he just plopped himself on the couch, and I just let it be, then walked upstairs to rest. I take a short shower before I go to sleep. Tomorrow I will go and meet Alexa. I said to myself, then drifted to sleep.

The next morning, when I woke up, I found Joseph around the penthouse, but I didn't find him. Where did he go? I walk back to my room, pick up my phone on the nightstand, and dial Joseph's name.

"Yo bro."

"Where are you? Why didn't you let me know that you were going out?" I ask him.

"Well, I guess you didn't want to wake up so early in the morning. You look so tired, so I didn't want to disturb your sleep. I know I'm so kind."

"Whatever." I hung up my phone and threw it on the bed. I take my towel and then walk inside the bathroom. After a few minutes, I walk out with a towel wrapped around my waist. I pick out my white tee and then my black jeans. I'm getting ready to get out, but I need to wait for Joseph to come back first. Today I will meet Alexa, and Rebecca will tell her everything. Then I hope she will think about it and accept me again. This time, I don't want to force her to forgive me because I don't want her to accept me just because I tell her so. I will give her time to think about us as much as she wants.

*****

Right now, we're on our way to go to Alexa's office, and I'm so nervous to meet him because it's been a few months since we last met. I get out of the car after my driver opens the door for me. I wait for both of them to get off the car, then I walk with Joseph into the building. "Elijah, I hope you can get Alexa. I think this is your last chance." Joseph said, and I sighed.

Rebecca, you better do it properly," Joseph said, and she didn't say anything but just nodded her head. Three of us walk out of the lift, and I can feel my heart beating so fast right now.

"Good morning, Mr. Perkins, Mr. Sanchez, and Ms. Alexa's secretary greets us.

"Jay. Ms. Jay." Rebecca said, and I just looked at her. Alexa's secretary leads the way, and we follow behind. She knocks on the door and then opens it. "Ms. Johnson, Mr. Sanchez is here to see you." Her secretary said "Okay then, please come in now." With that, I take my step to go in and face Alexa.

"Goo-" She stops when her eyes make eye contact with me.

_________________________________________________________________

How's chapter 29?

Vote

Share

Comments

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins