Chapter Thirty Four

[Niall Horan, Flicker]

Alexa

Today is the D-Day.

Right now, I'm in the car driving to my company event. It's my company's third Anniversary and also about my new collection. There are a lot of people who will come, and it's a good thing that I have Hera to handle all of that. So I'm not going to be so busy tonight. I wear my cream dress, and it hugs my body perfectly and shows my curves. I make my hair into a bun. For my makeup, I put it on like dark makeup but still elegant.

When I get inside the hall, I see that there's already a lot of people here. This event is just to celebrate my new design, and I'm so glad that a lot of people came here to that.

I walk to the stage and take the Microphone. "Welcome and thank you to all who came here tonight to celebrate the 3rd Anniversary and see our new design for the December theme," I said, just continuing my not-so-long speech.

After I finish my speech, I put on the microphone, walk down the stage, and let the guests enjoy themselves at this event. I just mingle with a few people, and then Hera pats my shoulder.

"Ms. Johnson, there's someone who likes to meet you. He is in the garden." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and nodded my head. I excuse myself from the people with whom I talk and walk out, heading to the garden.

I looked around and saw nobody, but then I heard someone clear his throat. I immediately turned around to see who it was. I am surprised when I see Elijah standing in front of me in his black Armani suit. I don't even remember inviting him here.

"You're the one who wants to meet me?" I ask him.

"You look so beautiful tonight, Alexa." He said, Take a few steps to be near me. I take a step back.

Ummm, thank you," I said, and he looked at me but didn't say anything. What is he looking at? "How're the twins?" I ask because I don't want to make things too awkward.

Well, they're just happy, and yeah, sometimes they just miss you and ask why we're not staying in one house. So that they don't have to be apart from you like this," he replies, and I just nodded my head.

"Okay. "All I can reply

"Don't feel any pressure after I said all this. Take your time; it is okay." He said that, and I suddenly remembered what I and Jared talked about yesterday.

"I don't feel anything at all. Can I ask you one thing?" He nods his head.

"Did you invite yourself here? Because I don't remember giving you the invitation." I look at him and raise my eyebrows.

"You don't like me being here?" I look at him.

"Nah, I'm okay. Since you're here, why don't you go inside and enjoy the show? I've got lots of work to do. So, excuse me. " I said that and turned around to walk inside.

"Wait," he said, and I turned to look at him.

"Yes, anything else?"

"I am here to tell you something."

"Spill it."

"Actually, I already have a girlfriend. It's Rebecca. The woman that came to your office with Joseph and me a few weeks ago." He said to me, Do I feel relieved and free? Yeah, I think so.

"Wow, that's good. I really want you to have a new life. I am happy for you, and besides, she's the girl that suits you. Congratulations from me."

"Are you okay with this? I mean, I can."

Why would she not be okay?" I turn to see Jared walking in our direction.

"Jared, what are you doing here?" I'm a bit surprised that he's here.

"I was looking for you, and Hera said you were here. So here I am." I smiled at him.

"Can you leave both of us alone? I need to talk about something with Alexa. Go away." Elijah said to Jared, and I decided to stay quiet.

"You think I want to let you talk to my girlfriend that long? She's mine, dude. Stay away from her and go back to New York." Girlfriend? since when? I look at Jared, shocked, but he seems too serious, which makes me scared to say anything. His face looks so serious, and this is the first time I've seen him this serious.

"What? girlfriend? Yea, as if. She doesn't even want you. You're not her type at all. She's supposed to be with me."

"Actually, Elijah, he's right. I am his girlfriend. I want to tell you this, but it seems Jared makes the thing go easily. So, you and Rebecca can build a new life together in New York. Jared put his arm around my waist. I feel so tense and awkward right now.

"This is ridiculous. I know you, Alexa. You never fall for a guy that easy."

"Why not? I fell in 'love' with you in just a few months of dating and even getting married. I don't think falling in love in a short time will be a problem for me." I said, and he looked at me shocked at what I said.

"Let's go inside because it's getting cold here." Jared said, and with that, we entwined our hands and walked inside, leaving Elijah alone.

I need to keep myself busy for the rest of the night. I don't think I am ready to face Jared and talk about those situations.

******

After the event

"Good job everyone. Have a nice night." I said that and walked out to my car.

"Ahem," I said, turning around to see Jared still here.

"What are you doing here? It's kind of late now."

"I was waiting for you."

"Okay, look about that. I know I-" He put his hand in front of my face to prevent me from continuing to talk.

"About that, I mean it. I want you to be my girlfriend." I am speechless. No words are coming out of my mouth. "I know this is kind of weird, but I mean it. To be honest, I have had a crush on you since prom, but I was too scared to tell you. About my wedding, I'm the one who can't go with it. I want to find you, and this time, I really found you. I will give you time to think, but don't think of this as pressure or anything. If you can't accept me, I am okay with it because we can still be friends. I don't want to stop talking because of this."

"Done?" I ask him, and he nods his head. "You talk too much, Jared." I chuckle.

"Sorry,"

"I will tell you the answer tomorrow. because I am super tired. Can I?"

"Sure, anytime you're ready."

"Then, I'll meet you tomorrow, Jared. Good night." I said that and hugged him before getting into my car.

With that, I started to drive my car and go home.

I was surprised when he confessed his feelings to me. I know he's a good guy. We've known each other since we were eighteen. I think I need to open my heart for a new guy to come in. I sigh and just continue to drive home.

_________________________________________

How's chapter 34?

Vote

Comment

Share

******

Much love from me.

Little Munchkins