Chapter TWENTY EIGHT

"Uh huh." Adam answered to Claire over the phone, clearly not interested in talking to people right now. But Claire calling someone? That was quite rare.

Actually, extremely rare.

"Seen Lucas?" Claire asked, her voice disturbed and he knew that that tone meant she was also frustrated.

"Lukey boi? Nah." Adam chuckled quietly.

"What??" Claire yelled over the loud music Beats that were being blasted on full volume. Probably.

"I said no."

"I can't hear you, you fuxking douche!"

"I SAID NO. I DID NOT SEE LUC-" He stopped mid sentence, gently moving away from a natural blonde, who tried to thrown herself on him. "I think I see him now." His eyes snapped up towards Lucas who was currently strolling down to the middle of the dance floor.

"Can you not be a little more louder?!"

"I SEE HIM NOW!" He roared making a few people give him a look. "YOU NEED TO BE LOUDER TOO."

He gave a challenging smile to the people staring at him and continued to follow Lucas who looked as if he was high on drugs.

"I am loud, moron! It's like you have a hearing disorder." He heard her say, clearly knowing that she was shit pissed and would probably attack someone from her non existent claws.

He could hear perfectly.

"Uhhh, I'll call you back." He mumbled.

"I'm gonna fucking torture your soul-"

He cut the call, not interested in listening to another profanity and the death threat, of course. And also, he had something important to do.

Adam kept moving forward, sobering up a little bit, still not sure what was actually going on. He was just looking at the said boy a few feet away from him, who was quickly getting surrounded by strangers, mostly girls.

Was he hallucinating? Was that really Lucas or...

He looked a lot like the good young Lucas and not the Lucas he knew at the same time which made Adam stop on his tracks and ponder over his thoughts a little bit.

Adam was definitely seeing things. Lucas wasn't like this? What happened to the person his best friend was crushing so hard on?

He never took his eyes off the desired person, but took out his phone to dial Claire to confirm Lucas' mental health condition.

"What?!" Claire growled.

"How does our Lucas look again?" Adam asked, unsure of what was happening.

"Are you drunk too you fuxking fool?!"

"Jeez calm down idiot." Adam huffed. "I just feel like this isn't Lucas."

"My exact intention of finding Lucas is because he changed himself from a nerdy cute little 7 year old to a 26 year old hot male with two buttons of his shirt undone on top and he doesn't know shit that's going on."

"Uhm.."

"What?"

"Is he supposed to be hitting on chicks?"