- Chapter Twenty One -

Alina was once again locked within the four walls of Damien's room after dinner. Damien had ignored her and left her as soon as he was done with his meal. Alina was relieved that she didn't have to spend some alone time with that disgusting creature. Alina turned towards the bed. She was about to crawl on it when she changed her mind, Alina was afraid that Damien will return while she sleeps.

So Alina turned off the lights and crawled underneath the bed. Now that it was dark and she was left alone until further notice, Alina allowed herself to cry. She cried and cried until exhaustion had won over and sleep had overtaken her.

***

Isaiah, in wolf form, tilted his head back and sniffed the air that blew softly towards his way. He had been traveling for hours now in search of Alina. He knew who had taken her, Damien Servos. The man who was well known throughout the werewolf community as one of the strongest alphas who is seeking to dominate rogues and keep them under his control.

As soon as the town had fallen under chaos, he had helped many people as possible escape. He had always had an escape plan for himself and Alina, but he had used it for all the women readying themselves to be mothers. As well as any other rogue who needed his help. He saved many, yet not everyone could have been saved. He had led everyone into safety and guided them to a route to a second hideout he had formed, located in Oregon.

Isaiah separated himself from the group in order to save Alina. He had left specific instructions and safe routes for everyone, as well as money. Although he may not have had much, he had a great deal in savings and he had willingly given that up to the surviving group, who in turn were so appreciative and wished him a safe return along with Alina.

Isaiah trudged carefully through the Sierra mountains, catching a few scents here and there, but none were of Damien's pack. Isaiah, slowed his pace further, exhaustion catching up with him now that the adrenaline pumping his veins were now dying down.

Isaiah knew he was growing older, he probably won't be much help to Alina but he needed her to know that her strengths lie in what she thinks is her biggest burden.

Determiniation willed his wolf to pound against the ground and push forward as quickly as he could. Saving their adoptive child was their main concern.

~***~

Morning came quickly for Alina. She had been rudely awakened by Damien's brother. She was peacefully sleeping underneath the bed before the door was slammed opened, causing Alina to bump her head.

"Did you sleep underneath the bed the whole night?" Kaeden asked incrediously.

Alina pulled herself from underneath the bed and rubbed her tired eyes. "I barely slept the night. Now what do I owe the pleasure?"

Kaeden dropped a few bags in front of her. Alina curiously opened one and discovered a few pairs of shirts and pants. She looked up and smiled at him. He smiled back but it seemed forced.

"Get ready. My brother will be here soon to take you out."

Alina's ears perked up. "Out? Where?"

He shook his head at her. "Don't get your hopes up. He's taking you to the dungeons. He's going to test your abilities. He wants you presentable because afterwards you're meeting the pack."

Alina scrunched up her face. "Why do I need to meet the pack. I won't earn respect."

Kaden stayed quiet as he looked away. "Just get ready. My brother will be here soon."

Alina stared at his back, she frowned at him wondering why he can't be friendly to her. She slowly browsed through the assortments in her bags and chose a cute white top with  cropped jeans that end around her shin.

Alina was tying up her shoes when Damien walked into the room. He looked at her up and down and smirked. "I don't really mind having you as a mate. You're decent to look at and have modest features that any man can be satisfied with."

Alina cringed at him. He was being barbaric with her again and she didn't like it.

Damien motioned her to follow him, and she did silently.

Alina knew the reason why he hadn't come in his own room the night prior. She can distinctly smell the female scent on him. Followed by the copper smell of blood. Alina blanched at the possible meaning of those two scents intertwining. Alina shook her head in disbelief.

"You killed her?" She quietly asked, fearing his response.

Damien turned towards Alina and smile cynically. "The blood you smell is due to the fact that I was a bit too rough with the woman I was with last night. However she's not dead like you assume. She's simply temporarily hospitalized."

Alina stared at him wide eyed. She unconsciously covered herself with her arms wrapping themselves around her.

Damien shook his head and continued his walk. Alina forced herself to follow, thoughts of pity for the woman running through her head.

______________________________

A/N     Posted: 9/10/18

An update finally!! Yay for me lol

Comment & Vote!!