Chapter 12

Daemon's PoV:

I looked at her beautiful face as she looked up to me. I loved her eyes, that could even change colors. From dark brown to hazel eyes. Her full red lips making me nervous. The sad thing is that she doesn't really realize how gorgeous she actually looks.

I saw her the first time a year ago at a café. She was alone and reading while drinking her coffee. The way she looked while concentrating made my heart pound faster, or when she giggled quietly at funny scenes. I was alone that day, too and as creepy it might sound, I couldn't look away from her. From that day on, I couldn't stop thinking about her, I let my men follow her with a certain distance, when she was outside, so if something happened they were always ready, to get in. Though, I let her have her own privacy and fortunately, she didn't date, because if she did I would've completely go insane that I wasn't the lucky guy. Not that I would have done anything, of course, when she is happy I'm happy.

I found out who she was and it made me a little angry that Gabe Dixon is her father. It didn't change my love for her, the fact that HE is her father, the one that owed me so much money and still was a criminal, made me furious. Once he just couldn't give me anything back, so I wanted his daughter. He didn't really care, but I know I was being selfish, too. She is too young and shouldn't get married at her age, but it would be definitely better for her to get away from him and apparently, even Jade. He is dangerous and I will keep my flower as safe as possible, even when it would cost my life.

I'd do everything to keep her happy, she is an angel, a really confident smart angel. She knows what she wants and what not. I admire her for being so strong. She surprisingly handles the situation with her fake family pretty well. She makes me so proud. She's an angel and I'm the devil. But she even is weakening the worst man in the world.

Before I met her the first time, I was the most feared mafia king and the wealthiest CEO in the country. I must be really selfish for getting her with such an actual selfish man, just because I want her so badly. She lights up my world with just a simple smile... I know that my job is dangerous and disgusting. Even though she is going to be the queen, I won't let her dirtying her hands.

She is currently looking at me, and I look at her. I want to kiss her, but I don't think she's ready yet. If she knew how much I loved her... I know she would never love me like I do, but I could swear I saw a hint of disappointment when I told her that the press should think we marry each other because we love each other and not because of a contract. But I said it because we can't love each other when only I love her. Well, I guess I have to live with that fact, because I don't want to force her to do something she isn't capable of.

I just kissed her right cheek, that reddened, which caused me to smirk. She saw my reaction to it and it made her blush even more. She didn't know how cute she looked like when she blushed.

"What, did you expect more or less?" I smirked.

"Uhm, you know what... y-you annoy me." She rolled her eyes. She went from cute to hot really fast.

"No, I think you're annoyed that you didn't get a kiss on your lips." I said, emphasizing the last word.

She opened her mouth and shut it again. I guess, she really wanted me to kiss her on her lips. But what should I do now? What if she regrets that later? I probably am thinking too much, of course she's going to regret everything.

"So, you wanna eat something?" She immediately widened her eyes and nodded wildly.

We were in the kitchen when we both started eating.

"What do you have to do as a mafia king?" She asked, which caused me to choke a little.

I've never wanted to tell her about those terrible things I have ever done or still do, but she asks me to now and I can't lie to her, this would make things more difficult.

"You know, I don't think you're ready for this." I told her insecurely.

"Oh, so you have indeed killed? You know I'd forgive you everything but please do not tell me you have raped. Daemon, that's the worst think that could happen to a girl or woman." She told me with a furious look.

I know I'm a bad man, but something like this don't even do Mafia and I am the Mafia king.

"What? No, no. That's too much. Even for me. Look, I am an evil, but believe me I could never hurt women and children. Men do the dirty job, that they gotta pay for. Trust me." I told her in a really serious voice.

"Oh my god, you're not like a Mafia I thought you would be. I thought Mafias are some type of chauvinist, you know. I'm sorry for thinking that of you." She apologized. My beautiful flower just apologized.

"Flower, you don't need to apologize. You actually have every single right to think of me like this. I'm a Mafia, after all. You know, once you're a Mafia you're not able to get out of this shit, ever again. Except, you wanna get killed, but I'm the king and those mafia nowadays would completely get insane without me." The last sentence brought a smirk to me face.

Apparently, she saw it and rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah, the handsome mafia king is the most important man in the world, duh." She rolled her eyes before she realized how she described me and blushed. I love the blush on her cheeks.

"So, you find me handsome, Flower?" I asked amused. It actually made me a little nervous, that she probably finds me good-looking. But I already caught her staring at me a few times, and the thought of it still makes me excited.

She was thinking about what she should say.

"You know, you are indeed really handsome, even when I hate that smirk of yours, do you actually think you're the only good-looking man in this world? And don't ask me questions like that. So, I- i wanna go to sleep now." She tried to avoid the topic but I could see she was blushing.

"You look so cute, when you blush." She looks so adorable I just had to say it.

I think I need to tell her that I love her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey,

I'm sorry for the late upload and for the reallyyyy short chapter.

I hope you liked the chapter, though.

Honestly, I don't like that chapter at all, but I tried my best with Daemon's POV. The next one is going to be Clare's POV again.

*I'm sorry for all my grammar mistakes and misspellings!!!*

Till the next chapter.

Byeee🙈🙈