Chapter 23

Alaiza

Nathan is walking around in front of me for a while now. After a few minutes, he stopped and makes his way towards me which made me gulped.

"Let me ask you again", Nathan takes a deep breathe when he reached me.

"Who gives you the god damn hickey ?", He tried to keep his voice calm.

"Its...", I can't find my words. Should I tell him what's really going on? Should I tell him about the drunk guy and about my savior, Zander ?

"Well, It went along with something like this", I take in a breathe and tell him everything, about the drunk guy and about the hickey that the drunk guy gave me which make Nathan goes on edge and want to go back in the party to find that drunk guy, who is probably still lying on the ground, but I stopped Nathan before he gets a chance because I don't wanna ruin the party.

I told him everything including my savior, Zander. I talked about him and Nathan keeps giving me looks. He didn't seem pleased with other boys helping me.

"I should have been the one protecting you", I heard him mutters to himself. And that somehow brought a grin to my face.

What ?  You can't blame me for being happy over the fact that someone wanted to protect me.

"Anyway, as much as I hate to admit it. Zander is a pretty nice guy. If you ever meet him again then tell him that I say 'thank you' ",He tells me and he leads me to the car.

Being the gentlemen that he is, he opens the door for me and smiles.

"My lady", He speaks and I immediately can't hide my smile.

He went on to his side, even though he's smiling at me, I can still see something in his eyes. Was it hurt ?

As he starts driving, I speak ,

"Nathan", I touch his shoulder and he looks at my way immediately.

"Yes ?"

"Are you...okay ?", I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm cool. I mean, A drunk guy just cornered you and gave you a hickey and some other random guy appeared to be your savior and safe your day even though it should be me protecting you, I'm feeling so good right now ", He sarcastically said the last part and I flinched.

"Oh come on. It's no big deal, he's just drunk, He doesn't even knows what he's doing", I pleaded him. God knows what will he do to that man. Probably fire him ?

"No big deal? No one can lay a finger on my girl but he dares to lay a finger on you and even gave you a hickey", He shouts.

My girl

Did he just said that ?

I shake my head. This is not the right time. The rest of the car ride was quiet, I didn't dare talk because I know that if I said something, he will be mad and I don't want to fight right now.

We arrived at a place called home and I walk out. Nathan opens the front door and walk into the kitchen. Probably to get food.

I shrugged and walk to my room. I take off my clothes and jump into the bathtub. I lay there for what feels like an eternity before getting out of the bathtub. I cover myself in towel as I apply some face cream to my face, to prevent pimples and acne.

Hey, I do care about my beauty.

I look at myself in the mirror and my eyes immediately go to the red mark that's on my neck.

How could that stranger did that to me ?

Again, we should also look at his side of the story. He's drunk, he doesn't know anything he's doing. If he's not drunk, he might be able to control himself.

I think the hickey will be covered up with a little bit of make up.

I put on my pajamas and I walk straight to my bed. I pulled out a book from the table that's beside my bed and start reading it. After I finished reading for about 10 minutes, my eyes lid feel heavy and when I was about to fall asleep, my bedroom's door burst opens revealing Nathan .

"Nathan, what are you doing here ?", I ask him as I tried to sit up on my bed. He raised his face up. His face is so red, was he been drinking all this time?

He took a step toward but fail because he lose balance and fell to the ground. In this state, I'm too shock to even help him. Why is he drinking ? He slowly got up by himself as he looks at me.

"Let me see it one more time", he walks to me and put one hand on my shoulder and the other on head. He push my head to the side gently so he can see the red mark on my neck.

He looks hurt.

"I could have prevent you from getting it", He speaks.

"I could have done better", He speaks.

"I promise you that I'll find whoever it is and I'll kill him", He speaks in his drunken state like we're on a mission and I somehow got kill and he said those words before I died.

Giving me one last look, he make his not-so easy way out. He, once again, fell flat on the surface. I wanted to laugh at him but in this situation I can't. I also wanted to go and help him but he'll see the hickey again and drunk male will talk endlessly and I just want peace tonight .

After what seems like minutes, he can finally walk out of my room and I think it'll take him another 20 to 25 minutes to get to his room and I'm praying nothing will happen.

I tried to fall asleep, I do but I ended up tossing and turning around all night.

Ugh, I hate myself.

---------

Hey guys, how are you doing ?

Thanks for reading. Support me by voting, commenting, follow me and share this story with your friends.

Thanks.