12.Blooming intimacy

SOUNDTRACK-CROSS YOUR MIND

Suggestion-listen to the track while reading

CHAPTER TWELVE

I had planned to wrap up my work early but when does things go as planned.My creative team had planned to torture me to death and I being the goody two shoe's intern didn't find the courage to protest.My watch read six and if I still had plans to put up my best intern act I would definitely miss Shivaay's culinary classes.Okay,I admit I am least interested in learning cooking and only thing I would regret if I end up late was the lonely chance to spend some time with him.I didn't want to end up giving the chance to know him,not the flawless public facade that he pulls off but the masked private despair,that he tends to hide.Probably I wanted to be Anastasia Steele who brings out the real Christian Grey.

Mustering all the courage,I reached the creative head,Shalini.She was busy with some paperwork and didn't bother to acknowledge my presence.Adjusting her cat frame glasses from the bridge of her nose,she looked up dropping her pen aside.

"Mam,its six in the evening."

Why can't I just burst the right bubble?I should be more precise,there is nothing to fear,I encouraged myself.

"My watch read's the precise time,Miss Raichand but yet thanks for the reminder,"she replied curtly.

"No,I wasn't here to inform you.I meant it's time-"

"It's time for what exactly,Miss Raichand?"she interrupted in the most abrupt fashion.

"To leave."I answered a bit boldly yet maintaining the polite tone.

"To leave for?"

I am very well aware she knows what exactly I am trying to deliver and yet she happens to mess around me.Messing with my patience is really not advisable and here I am trying not to loss my mind.If she end's up evoking the beast in me,I am pretty sure I won't be able to see these doors tomorrow.

"Home,mam.Home,where I live,"I gritted my teeth trying to hold back my smart mouth from ruining things.Anxiety pricks my skin when I hear no response.Damn this woman.

"You can leave at seven,Miss Raichand-"she replied,indulging herself in her paperwork again.

"It's Anika,"I correct her and not to mention my impolite tone.I don't need people to remind me of my surname every shit second.Since we are kind of working together she can call me by my first name.

"I have stuff planned for tonight,"I reply sincerely and she ignores me royally.

"Really very  important stuff,"I add,stressing on very important.

"Like,having a date with boyfriend?"she answered not looking at me, maintaining her neutral expression.

My jaws were literally hanging down.First,it's not a date,it's just culinary classes and second he is not my boyfriend.We are just friends.

"No,no,just some other stuff,"I lie,not completely though.

"You will have to work overtime tomorrow-"

"Yeah,yes,sure."I cut her off before she completes.She passed me you are definitely insane look when I squealed at her offer.She shoved her fingers indicating me to get lost for now.I wonder if she doesn't have any family to go to.Her kids would be probably waiting and here she is buried in paperwork.I need to enquire more about this woman from Lizzy.

Packing my bag,I headed downstairs,skipping two stairs at a time in my hurry.Almost all the employees had left except a few.

It was seven when I reached my apartment,blame the Mumbai traffic and the cab driver who had arrived late and yes I had booked a cab despite my financial issues,just for the guy next door.I had started realising the effect he had on me and I had no idea why?His words had the power to compel me to do things and at the same time break me into pieces.I had started enjoying his company and the greed in me to want more didn't quench.His smile could do wonders and I kept on holding myself to him like a magnet.We were just like magnets with different poles and I wonder which one was I ?North or South?