35.My Person

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

I sat down on the comfy swing in my backyard,gazing nothing in particular.My heart grew restless with each passing second and I tried to reason with it but when has it ever listened to me.I mocked at my misery.I was fighting an internal battle,whether to call him or not though he did drop a text earlier.I didn't want to invade his personal space either.I just couldn't figure out on why he had to leave so early and as far as I knew there was no Oberoi Corporation branch here.Perhaps he had a client here but my heart knew better than to believe this.

Out of nowhere a pair of palms laid on my eyes and that familiar warmth seeped through my restless heart and the comfort I felt knew no measure.A wide smile etched on my face and the person behind this feeling stood before me.I instantly got up to throw myself into an everlasting bear hug.God, I missed her so much.

"Ross!" I squealed with delight.She patted my back and the feeling was mutual.

We both sat down, snuggled up in my comfy swing.Neither of us spoke for a few minutes until her ever so active mouth couldn't bear the restraint.

"I thought of breaking up with you," she sighed dramatically, referring to our friendship.

"Why is that?"

"You never bothered to inform me that you were back in NYC and the horrendous part is that I got to know from your Snapchat story."

"I am sorry,past few weeks in my life was so messed up," I confessed,lying my head on her shoulder.Friendships were easier but relationships are messed up. The only missing is a disclaimer.

"But how did you figure out that I was back home? I had just uploaded a picture of my brewing latte," I asked with evident surprise.

"Well the vase beside it was a major give away.Remember how we had broken your mom's favorite vase and had replaced it with a new one with similar design?"

I nodded, remembering it.Happy memories, indeed.

"Mom knew it wasn't her vase but she still pretends to like it," I giggled.

We sat their, remembering how we searched for the exact vase in the whole shop and the shopkeeper looked like we were crazy when we kept rejecting every vase he showed until we found the similar one.

"How's things in your life," I asked breaking the silence.

"Well, I am still struck in my 9-5 job and last time I checked I am still single."

"That must have been your 45th break up with Nathan," I whisper yelled.

"Stop exaggerating Anika. A woman should never settle for less and I haven't found my soulmate yet." I nodded with a silent agreement.

"Enough about mine, tell me yours.Did he come with you?"

"Yep and before you start bouncing up and down, let me tell you he isn't here as for now.He had some work to finish." I informed as her face dropped to a disappointed look.She knew everything about us as I needed someone for my comfort too.Ross had hated Shivaay when I told her about how well he had hidden the matter of his sister being my boss and her empathy for him grew when I told her how he cared for me.He was just a person she envisioned from my part of the story and it's impossible to draw an affirmed opinion about someone until you meet them in person.

"Are you sure about him?" she asked with concern.

"I am,Ross.He is like a flame and I am just a moth that's drawn to him.His presence lights up my day and his absence makes me restless.He feels like the one I have been waiting for the whole time."

"Shit,you are deep in love,"she exclaimed with wide eyes.

"I am and so is he.He confessed the other night." A shade of crimson seeped through my cheeks as I remembered the night.

She doesn't know about his past or nightmares.I never told her that.It was something personal between me and Shivaay.I respect it and definitely it's not my story to tell the world.She just assumes he is afraid of commitment.

"He better not break your heart and if he does he gets to see my wrath." I nodded, hiding a smile.

"He is pretty strong Ross,Are you sure?" I teased her.

"Anika! Don't you remember how I beat Alex to pulp in sophomore year when he asked another girl out instead of me,"She added.

Well it was more of a virtual beating,she cried and cursed like a sailor for hours.I had to listen her ranting the whole day and definitely he was a fool to not ask Ross out.Eventually we both ended up watching cliche hallmark movies and then it became something we enjoyed watching.

"I will remember to warn him,"I joked.

We both sat their watching the sky and enjoying the moment.She was my person and there was no one else out there for me.Her mouth couldn't bear the silence again as she asked"Is he not feeding you, back there is India? You look pale and thin."

"He doesn't need to feed me, I am not a kid. I haven't grown thin." I said with a groan of annoyance.

My best friend Rosalie was a foodie and apparently we ate a lot during high school.She was among those who heartily ate but made sure to hit an hour of gym as well,but I was among those who rested their ass on bed and I had a hard time loosing weight back then.It never mattered,my mom always told that being thin or fat is a matter of choice.There is nothing bad in being either of them as long as you love yourself.It was my independent decision to lose weight and I did that for myself.

"Let's go to the new Indian restaurant in town,heard it's good." She suggested.

Ross loves Indian cuisine and my mom is the one to blame for it.Back when we were kids, we used to have sleepovers and apparently at times she got to taste my mother's hand made curry and that was it. From then on Ross wanted to taste every Indian dish that ever existed.

"Why don't we watch some hallmark movies and have food here instead,"I suggested.Her face clearly told she displeased my idea.I really wanted to hang out with her but I wanted to be here as well when Shivaay comes back.

"You my friend have no other choice than coming with me." She stated as she dragged me away from the swing.Best Friends are just a pain in your ass but they are also the one you can't live without.

________________________

Share your stories with your friend, any particular thing you guys enjoy or any crazy stuff you did together :)

As for the story, this is just a chapter dedicated to their friendship.

Do vote and comment ;)