This feels so wrong

Jacob's P.O.V

The next few words that came from Edward's mouth made my head spin.

"She's my fiancée"

"What?" I whispered.

"You heard clearly Jacob or are you losing your touch? We're engaged..."

I prayed that the loss of sleep is messing with my mind, so I peered into his eyes to find that he was not joking. His beautiful golden eyes were sharp with no indication of joking.

I let it sink to my frozen brain.

"You guys are engaged" I whispered.

I barely registered that Bella has woken up at some point of time.

I looked up at her then at Edward. The way that his face was void of any emotion staring right at me was scaring me off.

"Edward" I called.

"Jacob what the fuck is wrong with you right now. Yeah we're are fucking engaged Jacob"

I was silent for a minute before the searing rage blinded my senses.

"You want to know what's wrong with me Edward.

Let me tell you.

For one, I fucking believed you. I believed that you'll leave Bella as per the deal.

Say me something Edward, Did I ask you to have a deal with me?

Did I say something along the lines that you're my first friend that made my lonely existence happy?

Did I ask you to meet me alone at the forest that day?

Did I hug you first?

Did I ?

No Edward. It was all you. It was you who made the deal, who made me believe on something that can never happen.

And after all you made a promise that you'll never leave me.

You know what's irony?

Even if you don't leave me, you lost your place in my heart Eddie" I spat his name with as much as venom I can.

"Oh and one more thing" I said looking straight at Bella before turning my head towards Edward.

"Goodbye"

Edward's P.O.V

Ignoring him for a few hours would be my final gift to him since he had good reason to hate me forever.

I momentarily forgot that I was staking my claim in front of an unmated vampire. Something about the way he said goodbye made my stomach churn.

With that he turned to leave. Is this the end?

Why does this feel so sad?

He thinks I betrayed him. I messed up big time. I wanted to groan so badly.

I turned to find Bella with her eyes pooling with tears.

Why was she so worried about him?

"Jake, wait-" she protested. He shrugged her off. "Please, Jake? Won't you stay?"

Begging him to stay? Whatever was she thinking?

"No," he answered sharply, before adding in a gentler tone, "Don't worry about me, Bells. I'll be fine, just like I always am. 'Sides, you think I'm going to let Seth go in my place-have all the fun and steal all the glory? Right," he snorted.