4

Since Ann and I have become officially friends I've been able to go over at whatever time I pleased, even at 11.35 pm.

I rang the doorbell and waited. I wasn't sure that she was awake but I wanted to take the risk of finding out, this was an important thing I had in my hands.

As soon as she opened I held out the thing I had in my hands and gave it to her while pushing my way inside.

At her questioning look I just shrugged and led the way to the living room indicating for her where to drop the thing, just in front of the TV.

And the thing was a console. Specifically my PS3 or more like my little brother's since I didn't use it at all lately and he kindly offered to not let it feel lonely.

Before she could start asking questions I looked at her with the most pleading expression I could muster and just said "Play with me".

She sighed, as she usually did around me, and then said. "It's past 11pm, Cam. What in the hell are you doing?"

"I'm not doing anything. I'm just standing here waiting for my friend to grant my wish."

Another sigh. "Your wish? What, are you dying or something? I have to inform you that I was sleeping."

For the first time since I came in I noticed that she was barely wearing anything. An old grey t-shirt that seemed a little too small for her and nothing else beside her underwear, not even her usual shorts that she wore to sleep. And it's not like I still had a crush - because, let's be real, I had little to no chance with someone like her - but more than anything I wasn't used to seeing people I actually found attractive in tight t-shirts and panties. So obviously I might have stared a bit if said attractive person was in front of me in that state and my stare must have been obvious to the point of causing said person to blush and try to cover herself.

She did in fact. As she granted her consent for me to set up the console, she went to put on a pair of shorts and to change her tight t-shirt in a large oversized one.

"Can I ask what made you think that I would play videogames, of all things, with you, on a Thursday night at 11 pm?"

I turned around to look at her sitting on the couch and waiting for me to finish setting up. "Well, for one, I know you can't resist my charms."

She scoffed. "Yeah, right. Don't you have other people to charm?"

"I might, but they don't live next door to me. It's such a hassle to drive at night in this hot weather to go play videogames with someone, you know? So I thought, why not visit my neighbor? She'll be happy to play with me, right?"

I smiled broadly, hoping to not annoy her any further. I knew that I'd overstepped my boundaries today by coming so late for no big reason but I just wanted to and I did.

"Oh, so it's a distance thing? You chose me only because you don't have to drive to come here?"

"Actually I chose you because I like you. But the fact that I don't have to go far is an added bonus."

"Shut up, I'll remember this when you ditch me for someone your age. Now, what are we playing?"

"Tomb Raider"

"How can we play that together though?"

"We can't. You can watch me play and then I'll let you try if you want."

She looked at me incredulously. "Go ahead. I'm gonna get something to eat."

And with that she left for the kitchen. I set up the console and just started the game as she came back with popcorn.