Chapter Thirteen

Sang

Sang

I should have walked right back out of the room the moment I spotted the two Bradford brothers conspiring over something near the fireplace, but it only took one second for Logan to catch sight of me, and only a second more for him shove the mystery piece of paper into my hands. Asher looked away to hide his grin once he heard my groan. 

I always adored it when he did that. The corners of his mouth would twitch with the effort to suppress it, then his eyes would squint ever so slightly in annoyance, then when it was obvious he was losing the battle, he would turn his face and just smile. Unrestrained. A. Full. Blown. Smile. Some days I would catch it, some days I wouldn't. Today, I caught it, and it made my heart speed up and stop at the same time. Saving myself from embarrassment, I forced my eyes away from the older Bradford brother and read the bold lettering on the poster Logan handed me. 

 "You've got to be kidding me,"  I said on a sigh. Logan leaned forward expectantly as his eyes glittered with devilry. 

                                                                     Tarzan Jungle Call Contest

Call XXX-543-6231 with your best Tarzan impersonation for a chance to win $400

Contest starts at 8:00pm

Courtesy of
Logan Bradford
Sang Sorenson
Asher Bradford

"So...what do you think? Hilarious right?" Logan asked with a grin.

That was one word for it. "This was your idea, wasn't it?"

"Yup."

"And whose phone number is listed on here?"

"North's." No shame.

My right eye twitched as I asked, "How did you get it?"

"Oh, I got it from Corny. He had it because of football stuff. With a promise of no wedgies for a month, he gave it up quickly."

Poor Corny, he probably could have gotten an extra month out of that deal. Logan took my silence as the go-ahead to continue. "We both walked around town earlier to hang the posters up inside bars. At first Asher didn't want to be involved, ya know, with Coach's threats and stuff, but then North had to go and open up his big, fat mouth today." 

I nodded because aggression poured off of Asher in the gym today. He only went that hard on the punching bag when something had him worked up. I tried to gently coax it out of him earlier, but whatever was said between him and North after Logan and I left campus was something Asher didn't want to repeat. Deciding to let boys be boys, I said, "Just so you know, this prank only scores a one out of ten on the scale."