Chapter 2

Stiles' eyes slowly flickered open, his sight cloudy as his ears rang, a large dizziness like a blanket over his head as he struggled to make out his surroundings

Stiles' eyes slowly flickered open, his sight cloudy as his ears rang, a large dizziness like a blanket over his head as he struggled to make out his surroundings. His head in a daze, and his body light as if attached to a bunch of helium balloons, all he could see was three blinding lines of light in a sea of overwhelming darkness.

BANG

The ear splitting sound of metal on metal rang in his ears as the world around him shook as if in an earthquake.

BANG

The sound was louder this time, as if it was getting closer. The darkness creeped in all around him, enclosing the boy in four walls of ice cold metal.

BANG

Stiles heard ragged breathing coming from the other side of the lines of light. A low animalistic growl chilled his body to its core as his limbs froze in terror, desperately waiting for the beast to move on.

To his despair the long locker door was ripped open and flung to the side, echoing a mighty crash as the human was flung onto the concrete floor. Stiles blinked, trembling as he took in his surroundings. The lockers were gone from behind him, the room he was in was barely lit, only when he saw the number five scraped into the wall did he realise where he was.

"No." Stiles whispered, shaking his head as he looked around the basement of Eichen House in denial. "I can't be back here. Why am I back here?" The human questioned, panicked as his heart pounded in his ears, a constant drum of anxiety rattling his brain.

"You know why Stiles." A voice rang around the cold room, sending a familiar sliver of fear down Stiles' spine. The human looked hesitantly to the shadows, his watery eyes meeting the monster of his nightmares as it grinned maliciously. The silver fangs that dripped saliva morphed its mouth to form a look of pure glee, that made Stiles sick to his stomach.

"H-how can you be here?" The broken human asked, despite having already guessed the answer. The bandaged spirit faced him, walking into the dim light jaggedly as if every bone in his body broke and reshaped with each movement.

"I've always been here Stiles." The Nogitsune paced around the human, watching him cower in fear at his presence. "Festering in your mind, waiting to be awoken. All I needed was for you to be completely vulnerable for me to come to the surface, and here I am." Stiles' hands shook uncontrollably as he looked onto the Japanese spirit with wide eyes.

"What are you going to do to me?" Stiles asked, his body fuelling itself with a newfound confidence. "I have nothing left at home anymore, nothing left for you to destroy." He spat bitterly at the thought of his childhood friend. The Nogitsune laughed, a cold heartless laugh, demonic and unnatural making Stiles' insides curl.