Chapter 8

The wind whistled slowly through the soft leaves, the summer breeze dancing through the branches of old maple trees as the evening grew colder

The wind whistled slowly through the soft leaves, the summer breeze dancing through the branches of old maple trees as the evening grew colder. The sunset hours quickly turning into minutes, the gold rays of sunlight shimmering to specks of amber light in the evening sky. The forrest grew darker as night fell on the woods of Beacon Hills reserve.

A large tree trunk, unknown to the residents of the small town, held many secrets and stories beneath its roots. The old tree had seen both the beginning and end of life, tragedies and romances, stories of revenge and anger. It held the truth of many lies told daily, the secrets of the supernatural buried in its veins.

But the story of three teenagers was where this mess started. The ultimate sacrifice made to save those they loved, from a fate to serve a dire purpose. They thought they knew the consequences, but in fact, they could not of prepared for what was to come.

Death, Betrayal, Chaos, Strife and Pain. All the heartbreak caused in a mere few weeks, originating from a young teenage boy, carrying an ancient fox spirit in the depths of his mind.

They had made a mistake that day.

They had created a monster. In their attempts to save their friend, they, instead of destroying the monster, managed to embed him so deep inside the young boy's subconscious that he became part of his soul.

But that boy whose best friend was Scott McCall, who was the son of the Sheriff and lifetime lover of Star Wars. That boy was not gone forever. The shell of the person he was sat in the centre of the old tree trunk, trying to quieten down the voice in his head.

The small voice of Stiles Stilinski, begging to be set free.

——————

"Come out come out wherever you are."

The haunting voice of the young boy filled the darkened woods, sending shivers of fear down the backs of the teenage pack. Scott McCall walked amongst the shadows, the words of the plan they had created only a few hours ago ringing in his mind. They only had one shot at this, it had to work.

The soft crack of a stick caused the teen's hair to stand on end. The true alpha whipped his head around, his eyes glowing a threatening red as he let out a low growl. He calmed down when a figure came into focus, rubbing his eyes with his hand in frustration.

"Peter, really?" Scott asked fed up. Peter grinned bashfully as he felt his cheeks grow red with embarrassment.

"Sorry." The avenger apologised, the white eyes on his mask growing wide as he rubbed his arm, covered in the black stealth suit Phil had provided. "Still not that good at all the spy-secret-mission stuff." He chuckled quietly. Scott rolled his eyes, waving the teen forward.