P R O L O G U E

He's running, and I'm following right after him, bare feet crashing into dry leaves like mini razor blades. But I can't feel it though, because I'm overjoyed. We're overjoyed.

Mama and papa would be mad if they knew I wasn't wearing my favourite light brown leather boots like they told me to, but they had only slown me down. I want to win the race!

He was giggling away, sure he would beat me to the large tree that was now a metre away. It made me smile though. Why was I smiling? I was going to lose wasn't I?

He suddenly stumbles and falls, a loud thud gripling the chilling evening air.

Gosh, it's almost winter.

I've stopped in my tracks too, worried he was hurt.

He lay there, and lifted his face toward me, a flood of tears had already marked his face. How long had they been pouring down before he had fallen?

A gut crushing cry escaped from his mouth, like he had been holding it for a long time.

"What's wrong?" I wanted to ask, alarmed from this new side he was showing to me, but the lump forming in my throat stopped me. So I did the only thing I knew how; I sat on the spot next to him and hugged him tight.

Tears falling freely from my eyes too.

I hate it when the people I love cry.

We sat there and cried together until the darkness of the night took over.

---

P l a y l i s t

Jooyoung - Where We Are