twenty-five

After a long one month journey, we finally arrive at Blackwater Bay, which is where the castle, Dragonstone, is located. We see the castle that Daenerys ancestors built. Most castles look beautiful but this one feels darker.

Tyrion, Daenerys, Lord Varys, Missandei, one of the unsullied and I sail to shore in a canoe.  The dragons fly over our heads, they fly around the castle.

Once we arrive at the shore we all get out of the boat.  Daenerys walks forward by herself. She bends down putting her hand in the sand leaving a handprint.

She gets up and starts to walk towards the entrance. We follow behind her. We walk up the steps to get to the entrance to Dragonstone. There is two giant stone dragon head on either side of the door. We stop walking as two of the unsullied go to open the doors. We walk down a narrow stone pathway to get to the castle.

Right before we enter the throne room there's a banner of the Baratheon house sigil. Daenerys pulls it down, leaving it on the floor. Seeing her do that makes me feel a little disrespected, I mean it is still my house.

They open the doors to the throne room. The throne is very different from the iron throne. It looks a lot nicer then the iron throne does. We all stop walking, letting Daenerys walk towards the throne alone. Instead of sitting on the throne she decides to walk past it instead.

Tyrion and I follow her into this room. There's a stone wall with a dragon on it. The table is a map of Westeros. Daenerys glides her hand on the table as she walks to the end of it.

She stops once she gets to the end of the table, "Shall we begin?"

*

It's pouring rain outside. The thunder roars loudly and the lighting it even brighter.

"On a night like this, you came into this world," Tyrion says. Tyrion,  Varys, Grey Worm, Tyrion and I stand in the room with the map of Westeros on the table.

"I remember that storm," Varys says, "All the dogs in King's Landing howled through the night."

"I wish I could remember it," Daenerys says, "I always thought this would be a homecoming. It doesn't feel like him," She moves from the window and walks over to the table.

"We won't stay on Dragonstone for long," Tyrion reminds her.

"Good," She looks down at the table where there are three lion figures, "Not so many lions."

"Cersei controls fewer than half the Seven Kingdoms," I say, "The lords of Westeros despise her. I can't blame them."

"Even before your arrival, they plotted against her. Now..." Varys adds.

"They cry out for their true queen?" Daenerys says, "They drink secret toasts to my health? People used to tell my brother that sort of thing, and he was stupid enough to believe them." She picks up one of the dragon figures. "If Viserys had three dragons and an army at his back, he'd have invaded King's Landing already."

"Conquering Westeros would be easy for you," I say, "But you're not here to be the queen of the ashes."

"No."

"We can take the Seven Kingdoms," Tyrion says, "Without turning it into a slaughterhouse. If the great houses support your claim against Cersei, the game is won. With the Tyrell army and the Dornish on our side, we have powerful allies in the south."

"I never properly thanked you for that," Daenerys says to Varys.

"They joined our side, my queen because they believe in you."

"You served my father didn't you, Lord Varys?"

"I did."

"And then you served the man who overthrew him."