The Date: Part 1

I smiled as I shimmied into a swimsuit. Bryce had let me choose what to do today during our day together. And I chose that we would spend the day at the lake. Carlisle lake to be exact. It was huge, and had a really pretty beach on the east end.

I pulled a cover up dress over my swim suit. Even though Bryce and I have been together for two years, I was still really shy when it came to stuff like this. I grabbed my towel and headed to Brits room, where I heard the twins giggling. I poked my head in to see them looking up at the ceiling and clapping their hands. They were supposed to be taking a nap, but they were stubborn like their mom.

I stepped back out and headed towards the front door. Bryce was sitting in the front seat of his truck, the song Happy blasting from the stereos. I shut the door behind me and ran towards his truck.

“You ready to go?” he asked, as I jumped into his truck.

“Yep.” I said, buckling my seatbelt.

I glanced over to Bryce. He was wearing a tight black tank top, that showed off the tight and perfect abs underneath. He also wore a pair of red swim trunks. “Like what you see?” he asked

“Of course.” I joked, leaning in to kiss his cheek.

We drove for nearly 10 minutes before pulling onto the bumpy path down to the lake. Bryce parked his truck under the shade of a large oak tree. I grabbed my towel and Bryce grabbed his. Together we walked to the beach, which was surprisingly crowded. Most of the people were teens except for a few kids trying to fit in with the older ones.

Bryce took my towel from me and laid them both out on the ground under a shaded part of the beach. I grabbed the bottom of my cover up dress and pulled it over my head. I felt Bryce’s hungry eyes on me. I blushed a little and glanced over at him. He was staring at me, with his mouth slightly ajar. I walked over to him, “Close your mouth dear, or you’ll catch flies.” I smiled and closed his mouth with my hand. He let out a chuckle. “It’s not my fault you’re so beautiful.” He said pulling me to him, and pressing his lips to my forehead. I let out a small chuckle.
Bryce tensed and tightened his arms around me. I looked around confused. That’s when I saw a bunch of guys staring at me like a bunch of hungry wolves.

I pushed away from Bryce, and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. “Don’t worry babe. I can show them I’m taken.” I whispered, leaning in and pressing my lips to his. Bryce relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist. Pulling away, I saw the boys had lost their interest and moved onto a girl who was sunbathing.

I grabbed Bryce’s hand and we walked into the water. It felt cool against my warm skin. I walked in deeper until the water was up to my chest.

“God, this is nice.” I told Bryce. “I’ve been helping Brit every day after work. Oh did I tell you they’re having me stand outside and twirl that arrow. It is so hot like every day!” I continued dunking my head under water. When I came back up, Bryce smiled. “I bet I can top that.”

“Really?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yep. Coach has us working nearly 6 hours, if not more, every day in the sun. He only let us have 3 water breaks. If you wana know hell, go play for coach Wells.” He told me.

“Try 8 hours a day waving an arrow around in a cow costume that feels like an oven.”

“No way.” He said in disbelief.

“Yep. Carol, the manager, said it would ‘Attract more people.’” I told him.

“Babe that sucks.” He said, with a sympathetic smile.

“Yep, but lets forget about all that and enjoy this.” I said, floating o felt a bunch of water splash on my face. I glanced over to Bryce who was looking away , with an innocent look on his face.

“Oh you’re dead!” I joked, splashing him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!