23- Gone

Aurora's POV

Once again Xander is gone without a warning and there are no meetings that he could've gone to, according to Ethan at least. I'm starting to think that this whole disappearance has something to do with the hug last night. It must've hit him hard, how he let himself be vulnerable in front of his pet.

I shake my head as I wrap a towel around my hair before walking out of the steamy bathroom. On Xander's bed lays Ethan, scrolling through his phone. I walk towards the bed before crawling onto it, wanting to watch whatever is on the TV. From the corner of my eye, I notice a small wrinkle form between Ethan's eyebrows as his focus leaves his phone and travells towards the door. After a while of silence, even I can hear loud footsteps echoing through the empty halls outside the room.

Soon enough the door slams open and in rushes Lucius, his movements are all over the place. Keeping his eyes focused on one thing seems to be a struggle for him as his eyes flicker around the room. Lucius reeks of either stress or panic, that is until he sees me on the bed. So far it seems as if Lucius hasn't noticed Ethan laying in bed beside me. 

Never have I seen someone go from panic to disgust so fast. 

"Are you even allowed on the bed?" Lucius asks angrily. 

"Actually I am." I don't even look at him as I answer, showing how little his presence means to me. 

"Says who?" He doesn't give up, does he?

"I do and so does Xander," Ethan answers for me. 

"So what you're telling me is that Xander decided, out of the blue if I may add, that he was going to let a pet lay in his bed? After hundreds of years of the 'no pets in bed' policy?!" Lucius is almost screaming at this point. 

"I'm not Xander, I don't know," Ethan answers, clearly irritated. 

"But..."

"I bet you didn't come here to talk about where Aurora is allowed to be, did you?" Ethan interrupts. Once again Lucius's face changes into panic or even fear. 

"There was an attack, they are attacking main-land!" Lucius exclaims, "We need Xander!"

"He's not here," Ethan says as he stands up from the bed and walks over to Lucius. 

"Fuck, do you know where he is?" Ethan shakes his head. "I need to find him, do you know any places he would go to?" 

"I think you would answer that question better," Ethan says as he starts heading towards the door. He doesn't get far before Lucius grabs a hold of his shoulder. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

"With you?" Ethan states but his uncertainty make it sound like a question. 

"Ethan, I need you to stay here, alright." Lucius gives Ethan a small smile before rushing out of the room. 

So there is a heart hiding underneath all that cold demeanor. The more time I spend here the more I'm proven wrong. It seems as if everyone is capable of love around here.