14|| Start over

|| Three and Half Years Ago ||

The ride to Jade's was... bearable. All thanks to Logan Ryder, of course, his son did a poor job in tearing that extremly uncomfortable tension building in the air. I kept wondering in my mind if coming to this party was actually a good idea. It was pretty sure I had not been invited. Jade hadn't spoke a nice word to me ever since my birthday she could easily banished me from the event as soon as I step in and the anticipation was quickly morphing into anxiety in my chest. I carefuly wipped the cold sweat from my palms on the fabric of the dress.

Please don't let them get madder at me. I just want things back to normal.

As soon as my mother had 'arrenged' me going to that even I had tried to drag Macy with me but it was no use. She was on a family dinner as well but in her situation she wasn't able to skip. Why couldn't my parents be be more strict, uh?

Logan left us on te front door of the incredible mansion and waved at us with a last warning of being responsible and stuff before marching away. The air became heavier as it was suddenly just Brett and me standing there. How great. When did things turned out so wrong between us?

I when to step towards the front door of but Brett's calling stopped me. "Lys wait." I did, tense in anticipation, and he sighed. "I... I'm... I just want you back, okay?" My heart halted. Want me back? Baffled I did meet his gaze this time, my chest tightening at the puppy eyes he was giving me. "I miss you." he whispered in that broken tone that broke my heart. Oh Brett... I miss you too, so so damn much. "Let's just start over, please?" his hands frustratingly slid through his face and tugged his auburn hair. "This really got out of hand. I fucked up. But please, I can't stand you being mad at me."

I bit my inner cheek. He miss me. Brett miss me! I felt the sudden urge to smile but stopped myself. After everything was it enough? My fingers absently traced the cast in my arm and I force myself not to jump too quick in forgiving him as my heart was desperately wishing for. He did broke my arm. And had been rather mean to me this past months... Now he wanted me back? Could I even believe him?

"Let's just head in, okay?" and marched towards the door, flinching as soon as I was sure he couldn't see my face. It hurt not to be in good terms with him, but it wasn't my fault was it? He'd been the one pushing me away and passing all the lines.

A blond guy I barely recognized from school opened for us and led us in. Half of them were in swim suits jumping on the pool or dancing around. As soon as I spotted the water I made my way as far as I could from there. Never in my life I'd learned to swim and after nearly drowning two summers ago in my aunt's pool I avoid those murderous traps as well as I could.

The fact that I spotted Noel's dark hair through the mass of people around the place only made my desire to stay away from there grew. That guy hate me guts. And I didn't even know why.