24|| Friend zone?

"I'm not sure this was a good idea

"I'm not sure this was a good idea." I panted looking forward at Rickon's Grill, the oldest bar from all town that now was filled to its rim with teenagers. The street was already dark so it's music and tenue light stood from the chilling of it's surroundings.

"Uh?" Macy frowned unbuckling herself and gaze fixed there too. "Why?"

Because things always turn sour for me in this social events. My guts twitched making me flinch. "I'm gonna throw up."

"Oh please." Norah scoffed, rolling her eyes and opening the door as if urging us to do the same and hope out the Jeep. "I'm in terrible need to get a drink and you girls need to keep an eye on me so I can get shit faced." today she was moodier than usual since apparently her and Connor get into a fight before they picked me up from work.

Macy pursed her lips. "You really need to get drunk?"

"Well, do you have any other idea how to get my mind off? 'Cause I'm all ears."

Even through my frenezy in the back seat I noticed the sudden intensity when they locked eyes and how the air around them changed as the seconds stretched . One, two... five, and finally Macy blushed, looking away. "No. Nothing that I can think right now."

What looked like disappointmet and hurt crossed Norah's gaze but she was quick in hiding it with another smile. "We're on the same page then. Lovely."

But the tension as she got out the car was anything but 'lovely'. Macy sighed, shaking her head to her self and I knitted my brows together. They clearly had something going on that I wasn't aware of. Did something else happen after that almost kiss in Lydia's party? Our eyes met through the rear mirror and suddeny my anxiety didn't feel so overwheling as my lips curved upwards.

"Do I want to know?"

Her blush deepened. "There's nothing to know."

"Riiight."

"Are you coming or will I have to drag you asses in there?" Norah called for us from outside, whining like a little child and we finally slipped out the vehicle. She smiled beamingly right after locking the car, sliding her arms over our shoulders. "My girls, shall we honor the founders?"

I almost snorted, as is any of the presents were here to actually give a tribute to the fundators on the Founders' Day. No, it was just a excuse for young people to celebrate and old ones to organize auctions or those kinda things. Either way, I let her pulled me towards the Grill, knowing I needed her urges or I wouldn't had stepped in by my own foot.

Just like it looked like from outside, the place was full, people everywhere, dancing, drinking laughing. Macy spotted a small table that just got free from some girl that move to the dance floor and take my hand dragging me there as Norah approached the bar.

"Wow." Macy huffed as I slid out my coath, the heat in here almost suffocating. "The place is crowded, uh?"

I smiled dropping the cloth on the spot in the bench between us. "Guess that's what we got for showing up this late."