▲ Psychological Ways To Make People Like You ▲

NOTE U CAN'T FORCE PEOPLE TO LIKE YOU, YOU CAN HOWEVER PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FOWARD AND HOPE FOR THE BEST!

Copy the person you're with

This approach is known as mirroring, where you subtly imitate another person's actions. When conversing with someone, experiment with replicating their body language, gestures, and facial expressions. In 1999, researchers from New York University observed the "chameleon effect," wherein individuals unconsciously mirror each other's behavior. That mimicry facilitates liking.

Compliment other people

The adjectives you employ to characterize others can become linked with your own personality through a phenomenon known as spontaneous trait transference. A study featured in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology revealed that this phenomenon persisted even when individuals were aware that certain traits did not accurately depict those discussed.

Don't be complimentary all the time.

According to the "gain-loss theory" of interpersonal attractiveness, your positive remarks will carry more weight if you offer them sporadically rather than consistently.

Spend more time around the people you're hoping to befriend

According to the mere-exposure effect, people tend to like other people who are familiar to them.

Reveal your flaws from time to time

In accordance with the pratfall effect, individuals are inclined to view you more favorably following a mistake, provided they perceive you as competent. Demonstrating imperfection fosters relatability and vulnerability, enhancing connections with those around you.

Be warm and competent

Researchers from Princeton University and their collaborators introduced the stereotype content model, a theory positing that individuals assess others according to their perceived warmth and competence.

Emphasize shared values

In a seminal study conducted by Theodore Newcomb, it was found that individuals tend to be drawn to others who share similarities with them. This phenomenon is commonly referred to as the similarity-attraction effect.

Let them talk about themselves

Researchers at Harvard have recently unearthed that engaging in self-disclosure could be intrinsically gratifying, akin to the satisfaction derived from food, money, and sex.

Casually touch them.

This phenomenon is referred to as "subliminal touching," where subtle physical contact is made with another person, often going unnoticed by them. Examples include light taps on the back or gentle touches on the arm, which can foster feelings of warmth and closeness towards you.