Chapter 7

Lou Yuan went into the meeting room with his subordinates and discussed the progress of today’s clean-up task and the casualties of various teams. 

Shi Lingxi squatted down in a place not far away from the room but still wouldn’t be considered inappropriate. He ate his biscuits, drank the water produced by Chen Yun, a water ability, and waited patiently. But he wasn’t the kind of person who wasted time. He took out a notebook from his backpack and recorded the data he observed today. The emergence of intelligent zombies and mutant beasts is not unexpected and the fights between humans weren’t less either. 

An hour later, Lou Yuan’s summary meeting was over and the crowd dispersed. Shi Lingxi, who was focused on thinking had his guard lowered and didn’t notice Lou yuan who had come up to him. Lou Yuan, who saw Shi Lingxi holding his chin and staring at the sky wondered if Shi Lingxi was waiting for him. 

After two seconds, the striking pink heart which popped up in Shi Lingxi’s vision pulled his mind back. His eyes became focused, his spirit returned and he stood up at once “You.. you… You’re done..?”

“Aren’t you tired?” Lou Yuan asked gently. Before the meeting, he had told Shi Lingxi to go up and rest.

Shi Lingxi hesitated, then nodded. Thinking of his task, he replied, “The body is tired, but the mind is alright.”

Shi Lingxi was being totally honest. His mental strength exceeded his physical strength. Most of the time, when he would be physically tired, his brain would be clear and active. 

“Are you tired?” Shi Lingxi immediately asked Lou yuan., trying to reach 100 sentences to complete his daily task. 

Lou Yuan responded emulating Shi Lingxi’s reply “The body is not tired, but the mind is exhausted.”

Even if Lou Yuan possessed S-level mental strength, it would take him at least 2 or 3 days to recover the power he had lost to kill a near S-level mutant beast. During these years he had been tired several times, almost no one had bothered to ask him such a question. 

Shi Lingxi nodded in understanding. He also felt a little guilty for disturbing Lou Yuan with his conversations. He was guilty but also tangled. He only needed some more points to complete his task, but in his heart, he was ready to give it up and accept the punishment.

Lou Yuan kept his gaze on Shi Lingxi who had gone silent all of a sudden. After some time he understood why Shi Lingxi no longer spoke. So he said, “It’s not tiring to talk to you.”

It was also quite relaxing as Shi Lingxi’s expressions were especially entertaining. 

“Really?” Shi Lingxi’s eyes widened in surprise. He pushed his luck and said, “How about I talk to you often, then?”

After this question, Lou Yuan switched back to his ‘silence is golden’ mode. However, his silence was different from that of before. Shi Lingxi could feel that Lou yuan was in a good mood. 

While continuing walking to the room, Shi Lingxi was hesitant as he was unable to come up with topics to chat with Lou Yuan so that he could stay with him for another half an hour. 

When he looked at Lou Yuan, it seemed like he had two small torches lit in his eyes, which seemed to burn down people with enthusiasm. His complexion was very calm but his whole body exuded the feeling that he was very reluctant to part with Lou yuan.