Chapter 9

Shi Lingxi remained silent. He turned his eyes to the E6 zombie, which was covered with a layer of thick armour-like skin. It was one of the most powerful zombies Shi Lingxi had ever encountered alone. It also possessed the ability to suppress lower power levels.

But this was not the first time Shi Lingxi encountered such oppression. He was once chased by a C-level zombie. This E6 level zombie is nothing compared to that. He was even able to escape from that C-level zombie, so this E6 zombie’s suppression ought not to interfere with his thinking and actions

Zombies have a keen sense of smell and are extreme bloodthirsty. They could smell fresh blood from several kilometers away. Apart from the fatal point behind their heads, they do not have any other weaknesses. Moreover, unlike humans, they never get tired. 

So far, Shi Lingxi had been fighting against it using long-range attacks. Shooting it, then pulling back to hide in the jungle. Undoubtedly, if he fought with the zombie head-on, it could make him die with a single blow. 

Whenever Shi Lingxi climbed up a tree, the zombie would try and overturn the tree. Gradually, Lou Yuan realized that Shi Ling was not running away blindly, he was testing the attack power and reaction speed of the zombie.

“Bam! Bam! Roar! Roar! ” The zombie gave out some different roars, and the scarlet color in its eyes became more terrible. Shi Lingxi got excited seeing the zombie which had lost its thinking ability.

All of a sudden Shi Lingxi cut his palm and several drops of blood flowed down. Lou yuan frowned but didn’t make a move to stop him. As Shi Lingxi moved, he left his blood in more and more places. This bloody smell confused the zombie and it became crazier. 

“Bam!!!” Another tree fell, and the zombies let out a hoarse growl, “ROAR!!!!”

It was enraged by Shi Lingxi to a state of complete insanity. And this lack of control meant that it would certainly make some mistakes. 

Shi Lingxi who was waiting for an opportunity suddenly jumped from behind a tree, his tail hurled past with a strong force throwing the zombie down. Shi Lingxi didn’t hesitate to shoot again. With the remaining strength, he aimed at the zombie’s only weakness. 

If his attack was unsuccessful, he would no longer be able to escape and Lou Yuan would have to help him out. If that happened, he would be completely disqualified from entering Lou Yuan’s team. 

He quickly calculated the attack method in his mind. At the same time, he tried his best to mobilize all his strength. He had no choice other than to act or perish.

A white phantom flashed by, “Bang!” The head of the E6 zombie exploded like a watermelon, the turbid blood splattered everywhere. A pale red crystal core was embedded in the blood. Like a lotus in mud, it gave off a morose beauty. 

At the same time, Shi Lingxi, who had overdrawn his abilities, was about to fall down.  The sharp stones scattered on the ground might have hurt him, but with Lou yuan around such things would not happen. 

Lou Yuan didn’t know why he had arrived at Shi Lingxi’s side, it was a subconscious action. He wrapped an arm around Shi Lingxi and let the whole person lean on him. Then he picked up Shi Lingxi. 

Shi Lingxi was tired to the point where he could only move his eyes. He raised his eyes and looked a little surprised.

“What? Do you think you can walk? ” Lou Yuan lowered his gaze and asked Shi Lingxi. It should be mentioned that everyone who collapsed during Lou Yuan’s training was directly dragged back by their collar… Lou Yuan didn’t know why he personally carried Shi Lingxi.