XXXIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 | Puppeteer

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

"𝖂hat did you just say to me?" Joffrey growled, stopping to turn and look down at his mother with narrowed eyes. He hoped that his ears were deceiving him, but one look at her face told him that what she said was true. "I am the acting ruler of this country and I do not want, or need, you interfering."

"I am only trying to help you," Cersei reached up, resting her hand on Joffrey's jaw as the man tensed up immediately. Even at the best of time, Joffrey despised people reaching towards his face, and he hated his mother touching his face most of all. "You must be so stressed, what with having to deal with, well, everything."

"I'm fine,"

"I can see how tired you are," Her grip grew tighter, as Joffrey's breathing began to pick up. "I'm trying to help you, Joffrey, don't be so ungrateful about it."

"I'm...I'm not," He hissed. "But this is my kingdom, so don't meddle in matters that do not concern you."

"Joffrey, don't use that tone with me," Her grip tightened, and Joffrey finally managed to yank himself away, stepping away from the woman quickly. "I am your mother..."

A growl cut her off, as Elia came padding around the corner to wind herself around Joffrey's waist. 

"I thought you were getting rid of that beast?" Cersei's tone was sharp, as Joffrey leant into Elia for strength, knowing that Lyra, or Tylar, would not be far behind the wolf.

"Why would I do that?"

"It is of the North,"

"So is my wife," Cersei's eyes flashed and Joffrey didn't like the gleam that she had in her eyes. It was at that moment Lyra swept around the corner, her eyes lighting up at the sight of Joffrey. "I don't want to have to have this conversation with you again."

Cersei said nothing, stalking off, as Joffrey felt Lyra's arm slip through his. Her eyes were narrowed, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"What was that all about?"

"Hopefully nothing," Joffrey murmured, before turning back to look at Lyra, who was looking paler than usual. "Are you alright, My Love? You seem pale."

"Just feeling a little under the weather, but nothing too serious," Lyra smiled up at him, one that took Joffrey's breath away, as she allowed him to lead her back towards their chambers. "But, please, what was that all about?"