LXIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | The dead

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕷yra emerged onto the parapet at Winterfell, fully dressed in armour with Elia and Tylar by her side. The dagger that Robb had first gifted her, when she first left for King's Landing, sat at her hip, along with another dragon glass dagger. Eliza appeared next to her, two teenagers that looked similar to her standing beside her.

"Stay safe, both of you." Lyra turned to look at Robb, who was watching them with a worried expression on his face. Lyra nodded, before turning to Tylar so that Robb and Eliza could say their goodbyes.

"You'll stay close to me, right?" Tylar muttered, his hand on Lyra's shoulder as she nodded. "I'm going to protect you, Your Grace. We're going to get back home to our family."

"Tylar," Lyra held her hands up, watching them tremble. "I'm scared."

"Don't be. I'm here." Tylar reaffirmed. "Elia's here. We're going to survive."

Lyra took a deep breath, nodding before wrapping her arms around Tylar in a tight hug.

"You're a good older brother." Tylar tightened his grip, smiling as she pulled away.

"I try my best." Lyra smiled up at him, before reaching up to clutch her necklace, sending a prayer to the Old Gods, begging them to allow her to return to her husband and children once more.

There was the sound of a dragon roaring behind them, as Arya and the head blacksmith, Gendry, ran along the top of the wall to stand with them. The small girl patted Lyra's shoulder, and sent her a smile.

"We're going to win this." Lyra nodded, pressing a kiss to her sister's cheek, as the dark continued to surround them, quashing all the surrounding light.

"Dragons!" There was a shout from behind as three dark masses flew above them, swooping down towards the ground. Lyra watched in wonder as the flames swept across the field, illuminating the mass of dead that swarmed towards them. She hadn't realised that they were so close already. She could make out figures on the back of the large animals, as the call for the archers to return to the gate came sounding out.

Jon and Aoife were somewhere in the barricade system in front of the castle, directing people back towards the main gates as Coren's dragon let out another breath of fire, torching a whole section of the Night King's army. Elia growled, her fur rising, as the heat of the flames washed over the walls. 

They were getting closer now.

The largest of the dragons took another dive towards the ground, before freezing as it seemed to take a hit from a ball of ice. Lyra clutched onto the barricade, watching with horror as the dragon and figure on its back fell towards the ground.