Chapter Twenty-One

March 3rd, 2020

Alcina

    I drew my sword. "Alright lady," I said holding out a sword to her. I saw her glowing red eyes widen. They reminded me so much of Ozuls when we had first met. "I need you to tell me the way out of here." She looked it my direction. I couldn't get over how she was an actually statue just a moment ago. How was she alive? I was over this world.

    "Where is the key?" She sobbed, using one hand to cover her eyes. She looked absolutely pitiful. I almost felt bad.

    "What key?" I shoved the parts into my sweatpants that have been soaked with sweat. I had to get out of here.

    "The key!!" She screamed standing from where she was sitting. "I need the key!" She slipped off the statue, and under her I noticed a latch. A  latch with a very compelling key hole. Alright, I think I know where to go.

    "What key!" I screamed back at her, scooting closer to the latch. With my free hand, I fiddled with the key hoping that it would just snap together. It didn't. I needed to put down this sword, but I didn't know if this woman was a threat.

    I watched as she leaned down patting the floor for a moment and then picked up her hand that I broke off. I watched her put her hand back onto her hand. She had to turn it a few times because she had gotten it wrong. I heard all the cracks of the bone crunching together. Watched as her flesh stretched across the two parts. I wanted to gag.

    "I lost the Underworld Key!" She screamed both of her hands raising to her cheeks. "I lost it! I lost it!" A new stream of tears came from your eyes.

    Oh great. Another realm key in my hands. Another realm of problems. I wanted to roll my eyes. "Where did you lose it?" I lied through my teeth, inching closer and closer towards the latch.

    "I don't know! I can't remember!" She crumbled to the ground. Her black robe looming around her. I put my sword at my side and looked down at the key pieces. I used both hands and started trying to push it together.

    You took it. Someone whispered into my ear. I turned on my heels to see another Death Walker looking at me with a frown on his face. He looked just like Ozul used too, but his eyes were bright purple.

    I snapped my eyes to the woman, who was looking at me now. "You have it?" She whimpered. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

   "No..." I said softly. "I don't have it." In that second I snapped together the pieces of the key and a huge explosion erupted, putting out all the fires in the room.

    I pulled out my sword and lunged towards the latch. I flopped on top of it and shoved the key into the lock. "You have it!" Her eyes glowed bright red. I saw her slowly stand. I pulled up on the latch to no avail.

    "Come on. Come on." I pulled up again and again. Then I realized I needed to turn the key. I was so scared that I only placed the key in, and didn't turn it. In the corner of my eye I saw her raise her hand to grab me. I took my sword into my hand and sliced her arm clean off.

    She screamed in pain as she stumbled backwards, holding her arm. The Death Walker stood over me, watching me struggle with the latch. I looked up at the woman who was clenching her teeth. "I need that key!"

    She lunged at me, throwing me off the statue. The key still in the key hole. I fell flat on my back her right over me. "Give me!" She clawed at my collarbones, her nails digging into my skin. "Give it to me!" Then I realized something. She didn't know where it was.

    She was blind.

    I connected a punch right to her temple knocking her off me. I stood and wanted to run again. Though I fell when she latched onto my leg. "Get off me!" I tried to kick her off.