Chapter Twenty-Seven

March 9th, 2020

--

Alcina

--

   No. No. This can't be real. I shot to my feet which brought Dai and Ozul up with me. I threw the book in my hand at her before I knew what I was actualy doing. Then I drew my sword and pointed it at the witch in front of me. "Why are you here?" I growled out, letting my animalistic side get the best of me. I rounded my shoulders getting ready to shift and tear her rutting throat out. 

    She took a step forward and I took a step backward. I felt the diamond poker burn start to fire up with her presence. I put a hand on it, trying to cool it down. "You don't scare me." I already had killed her once. I can certainly do it again. 

    "Who is she?" Dai spoke to me, stepping closer in a protective manner. 

     "A threat?" Ozul looked at me with worry. "Do we need to get rid of her?"

     "I'm here," she paused looking directly into my soul I shivered. "To tell you I'll be back, keep your love ones close," Her grin spread across her face then she vanished into thin air. I was left bewildered and shaking. 

    "Who was that?" Dai spoke again, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

    "I need to see my mate." I needed to make sure he was alright. I felt the smell of burning flesh filled my nose. It was a smell only from memory but it left me shivering with every step. 

    "Alcina." Dai pulled on my shoulder to make me look back at him. "Who was that? Why are you shaking?" I looked into his purple eyes and took a deep breath. Anna's eyes filled my memory and I shuddered. 

    "She was my owner." I shook my head, looking at the ground. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready at all. I needed to see my mate. I needed to keep him close. 

    "Owner? How can a person have an owner?" Dai started, crouching down so that I would look him in the eyes. He was trying to make me feel better, and I appreciated that, but I just wanted to be with the people I could

    "She was a slave," Ozul stated. I felt bile fill my mouth at the words. I looked away from both of them. 

    "No-" Dai started, "no, that can't be right." I started walking away. "Alcina, please tell me you weren't a slave." I felt his voice carrying pained emotions.

    "I was." I started to walk down a hallway. Then I realized I didn't know where I was going. I looked everywhere and there was nobody in the hall. I sighed, where could he be?  

    Then someone turned the corner. An old man with large black wings, though I saw that his wings were indeed greying. "Excuse me." I called out to him, breaking him from his train of thought. "Do you know where I can find Cebrus?"

    "King Cebrus?" He looked somewhat shocked. "How- oh you're Queen Alcina, yes, yes, you're the Queen Alcina." I was left somewhat puzzled. "Hello, I'm the chancellor here, well I'm technically your chancellor now as well, anyways I'm Ullis, I'm heading to his office right at the moment actually." He smiled at me. He bumbled on and on as we started walking towards Cebrus' office.

    "Here it is." We stopped in front of a large oak door. I knocked on it, "Cebrus?" I spoke to the door. "We need to talk," I spoke again. I heard movement from inside the room, and seconds later the door swung open. I looked up at my green-eyed mate. He looked at me then looked at Ullis. 

     "I came to discuss papers, but I think we can do that later." He nodded his head towards Cebrus. "Excuse me, your majesties," and then started to walk off. 

    "Alcina." He looked down at me, a frown forming on his lips. I bit my own, it seems he was still mad at me. He stepped backward, allowing me inside. He shut the door behind me and I watched as Dai and Ozul walked through the closed door. Do they know things such as privacy? 

    "I wanted to apologize," I raised a hand, then bowed deeply towards him. "I'm sorry. I should have been more considerate of your feelings. I was a fool and I should have told you about where I was going." It all started to spill out my mouth, I started to tell him about everything that was going on. "See these keys." I looped my fingers around the chain. "These are the Realm Keys," pointing to the purple one, "Underworld," then to the red one, "Immortal." 

     He held his hand up telling me to stop, "how long have you had these keys?" I bit my lip once more.

    "I had just received this key," pointing to the purple one. "But this is the key I received from Queen Maeve, it just so happened to be one of the Realm keys." I don't know if it is considered lucky that it's in my hands, or if it's very unlucky.