Chapter 11

It's Sunday morning and we aren't going to church today so I have the whole day to rest. Jason has been smiling since Maya told him the news but unfortunately he went out today with her so I can't tease him. He still hasn't given me any update about Dave.

A text pops up on my screen and I see it's from Alyssa. What does she want now?
*alyssa:I'm very sorry about what happened between us. I was just being jealous. Please forgive me*
Ok that was fast. What exactly did Jason do. Another text comes in.
*jason: have you heard from Alyssa yet.*

I knew he had something to do with  it.
*me: yes and thank you* I reply to Jason. It shows read then he goes offline.

I don't know how to reply to Alyssa. Should I play hard to get. Nahh let me just get this over with.
*me: ok you're forgiven. I like Dave and I'm going to go after him" I finally reply. She reads it but doesn't reply.

I decide to text Dave. Or should I call? No let me text.
*dave:I'm sorry please forgive me.* I type but don't send. Then I delete it.

It's a lot harder than you think.
*dave: can we talk?* I quickly send before I change my mind. I can see Dave is online but he didn't read my text. He doesn't want anything to do with me. I try calling him but it goes to voice mail.

Dave avoided me for the rest of the school year. We traveled to England for summer and came back few days before school resumes. I thought it will help me get over him but the feelings only increased. It became so pathetic, I started stalking him on social media. He was always around girls but thankfully his status is single.

School resumed this week, so now I'm a senior. Maya and and Jason are dating and everything's going smoothly but he still hasn't told her about his past. I didn't see Dave on Monday and Tuesday but I saw him today, Wednesday. For sure, he is purposely avoiding me. We have a class together today. My worst subject, geography.

Maya isn't in this class so the seat beside me is empty. Dave isn't here yet so it's either he doesn't come or he does and has to seat beside me.

The class goes on and then he finally works in. "Sorry Mr Kristopher for coming late." He says to the teacher. "Well Mr Gayns, let's not distract the class we will see after school today in the detention hall" Dave shrugs and his eyes starts roaming for an empty seat. When he sees the only one is beside me, he groans and sits there.

"Hey" I mutter to him leaning in. I missed his scent, thick wood and vanilla. But he ignores me. I lean back on my seat.

"Dave I'm sorry. I was just nervous cause...I liked you too" I said but still no response. "That's none of my business" he replies in a cold tone. Karma. Now I understand how he felt when I left him at the coffee shop after he told me what he felt.

I was so angry at myself, at Dave, at Jason, at everyone and I had to let it out. Everyone in the class started looking at me. Oh no. Did I just scream in the middle of the class?

Everyone erupts in laughter. "Miss Chloé meet me after school in the detention hall" Mr kris says. Dave and I groan simultaneously. This is my first time having detention and wait I'll be having it with Dave. I'll try for the last time to patch things up.

I thought it would be only Dave and I in the detention hall but we were up to 12. Who would have known this much misbehave everyday. Well certainly not me.

I wait for Dave to take a seat so I can sit beside him. "Why did you throw a tantrum in class" he finally speaks to me. Finally. "I didn't know I did that. Just needed to let my frustrations out" I say.

He stands up and walks to the far end of the hall, I follow him. We need to settle this. And I'm ready to tell him the truth about Jason but I have to discuss it with Jason  first.

"When I started middle school, I met this Asian girl, Frida, and I fell inlove  with her. I gave her my heart and what did she do with it? She shattered it." I didn't know what to say but he continues. "You once asked me why I am a player, well it's because of girls like Frida and you, that don't care about my feelings"

"I do care about your feelings. I was being blackmailed and threatened by Alyssa that's why I left you at that coffee shop. I've had a crush on you before you knew I existed and that's why I ran away from you at the party. I'm not the confrontation type that's why I kept running away but now I'm willing to face it all" I say reaching out to hold his hands.

"Do you still like after all this months?" I say to him looking into his blue eyes. He nods a yes and blushes. Wow I've never seen him blush but I blush back.

"I like you Chloé and..." I cut him off. "Before you say anything you need to tell me all about Frida and let her go. And then I need to tell you a secret. After that you'll decide if you want to stay with me." I say and peck him on the checks, let go of his hands and walk back to my seat. I see him smile and comes to seat beside me.

Then I text Jason.
*jason: we need to tell dave the whole truth*
I hope he won't get so angry at us when he finds out. We're so close to being together but I know I can't keep a secret from him if we're dating.

*******************************************
So they're finally seniors.
Will Dave and Chloé finally be together after he knows the truth?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨