part vii.

"I bet she's sleeping with all of them

"I bet she's sleeping with all of them." A girl snickers in the row of desk directly in front of me, as if I wasn't literally sitting right here. The girl and her friend were huddled close together and simultaneously, they glance over their shoulders at me. 

Of course they're talking about me. Everyone in this school has been talking about me the second I stepped foot inside the door. But no one's been talking to me. I've become a social pariah without literally doing anything. 

It would've been more fun if I had done something morally fucked up to get this reaction. 

I glance down at my notebook in front of me and run a hand through my hair. While everyone had there MacBooks, Surface-Pros and iPads, I had my handy dandy notebook with a leafy pattern on the front. Only one other student in the class was hand-writing and he too was a scholarship student. 

I think he was here to play lacrosse for Briarwood. I though we could be friends on the basis of being outsiders in this school, but he too had been swayed by the whispers and was staying clear of me. He had crappy notebooks anyway. 

Before, I thought Music Theory would be my favourite class but now I have to deal with this bullshit as well as in every single other class. 

The girl's giggle with each other which distracts me for a moment, "She's so uptight I bet she has never been touched by a guy." 

Okay, now they're just not making any sense. Are they really trying to hurt me or are they just trying to sound clever with their insults because it's just not working for them. 

"Excuse me," I whisper as I lean forward on my arms. They both turn around slowly and I smile at them, "I couldn't help but overhear your really loud conversation. But I was just wondering; am I an easy slut or an uptight virgin? You're just not making sense." 

The girl's wide eyes open as if they weren't at all expecting me to confront them about their words. To anyone else, sure they'd be hurtful. But one of my pet peeves is being judged for something that has no correct basis or any grounds of truth. 

One of the girl's mouth gapes open, "I...uh..." 

"Because in my opinion there's nothing really that special about either of those to talk so adamantly about." I say with a small shrug as I notice I had grabbed a couple surrounding students. The professor was at the front but too busy focused on their laptop. I then tilt my head slightly, "But you know what is special? Shutting the fuck up about people's choices and minding your own damn business." 

They're eyes almost pop from their skull as shocked gasps and scoffs come from other places in the classroom. I knew that these assumptions and rumours weren't going to stop but at least I could try and do something about changing people's minds. 

"Now can we please get back to our work?" I question as I sigh and sit back into my chair. They both slowly turn back to face the front of the classroom and I don't think I heard so much as a squeak from the pair for the rest of the session.